Attention MT-82 victoms!!!

cbaty08

Established Member
Ok, one last comment for giggles; my car was bone stock and went through three transmissions. I've never even done a damn doughnut in it due to dealerships being quick to deem the driver abusing the car. Never been raced, nothing at all; pure regular driving, 50 miles each way to work daily.

wbt

Banned
my car wasnt modded when any of the trans issues came up (and still isnt modded).. the clutch, the pedal, the trans itself all failed with factory parts.

Last time I checked Ford is having everyone drive around on transmissions that have metal shavings in the fluid etc anyways, and they are going to stick it to everyone that has this trans when 60k miles comes around and you know it as well as since you have stated that they have moved on to the new Mustang and drivetrain and arent worried about this one right? So how exactly am I wrong for driving my MUSTANG GT (not ford focus) like its meant to be driven, and taking it back to have the junk parts replaced over and over until they get it right exactly?? Im not sure what your point was for posting a couple of my post's here really. Funny how many people are having the same parts fail/need replaced on them as I did in that list up there.. and there cars (2011-2012) are just as stock as mine was/has been. Mods to my car (springs, lca's, soon to have a UCA) have NOTHING to do with the trans mission parts failing.

So what about the owner who has a tune, driveshaft, aftermarket shifter, etc. that can be blamed for causing the transmission to fail? You going to suggest to them to continue making their transmission worse to try and get it covered under warranty? That is the point I am trying to make with your posts. Terrible advice.

What about the folks like myself who have fixed the issue at the root of the problem, beat the piss out of their cars at the strip and have nothing but great experiences with this transmission?

Let's face the facts, 90% of Mustang owners are going to mod their car in one way or another. Suspension, tune, exhaust, intake, etc... Instead of bitching and whining that this sucks or that sucks and for those of us who want to take these cars to the limit, be proactive about it and do the following mods:

1. Replace the trans fluid
2. Replace the stock clutch
3. Install an aftermarket shifter

I am sure folks like yourself would rather bitch and complain that they paid $xxx for their car and it should work like xxx but on the other hand spend $$$ on mods such as springs, lca's, and a UCA. I have a better suggestion since you can't seem to get Ford to fix your problem, put that money into the items I mentioned and enjoy your car. If not, go create your own board dedicated to MT-82's and any other manual trans car made that owners have had issues with (jmatero has had issues with every manual trans car he has ever owned) and have at it. You guys could be mods/admins together, organize meets and shit, and create stickers/shirts for all members to share.

BTW - last time I changed my trans fluid there were no metal shavings in it.

wbt

Banned
Ok, one last comment for giggles; my car was bone stock and went through three transmissions. I've never even done a damn doughnut in it due to dealerships being quick to deem the driver abusing the car. Never been raced, nothing at all; pure regular driving, 50 miles each way to work daily.

Why? Are you just looking to stir the pot more? No one gives a shit.

You are in the Lemon Law process so move on.

jonesd

Established Member
my transmission went out within the first 200 miles. I didnt complain though, nor do i have the patience for ****ing warranty shit. My dumbass ended up swapping a tr6060 into it, probably not the brightest idea but whatever.

wbt

Banned
my transmission went out within the first 200 miles. I didnt complain though, nor do i have the patience for ****ing warranty shit. My dumbass ended up swapping a tr6060 into it, probably not the brightest idea but whatever.

Was it clutch related?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Why? Are you just looking to stir the pot more? No one gives a shit.

You are in the Lemon Law process so move on.

The best is gonna be when none of these cars are lemon lawed. Because the truth will come out.

Unrealford

Established Member
The only issue I have with my Transmission ( 1,100 ) miles so far.. Is there is a distinct whine like a supercharger, Its not all the time, and on wide open shift over 6K rpm I hit a brick wall shifting into 4th, I bought a MGW recently and havent installled it yet, due to dead of winter.
Otherwise shifting is awesome and smooth . !

Last edited:

jack_feenix

Established Member
I originally took mine in for the whine you are talking about. Live in TX and it wasn't cold enough for me to have experienced the notchy shifting at that point. Dealership had the car for the day and eventually came back saying it was "normal". When I picked up my car I drove another brand new 5.0 6 speed that was on the lot and it did the EXACT same thing. I've been looking at H-pipes vs X-pipes lately and watching sound clips. I think it's the clip of the X pipe on the lethal website that I heard it in - the in car recording seemed to have the exact same whine as well. I usually garage the car but have been outside overnight a few times recently. Since it's gotten colder I'm almost scared to try and go from 1st to 2nd gear because it just feels like shit. I really don't want to mess with this myself b/c with my luck I'll take it in and they'll see wrench marks on the tranny drain plug and say they aren't warrantying anything! I REALLY hope ford comes out with an official "oops" and has a solution soon b/c I really feel that, minor as it may be at this point, permanant damage is being done to our transmissions with every shift.

I have a 2012 gt and i get the super charged whine as well but no where near as loud as some people mentioned. i had it for about a month and just broke the 2k mile barrier i will take mine in as soon as im back in texas to my dealer and see if they have some input on the matter as well. As a side note maybe the cabin noise is different in earlier models so it might be just as loud.

Users who are viewing this thread