Attention paint and body guys

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
I'm fully aware that it's near impossible to bid a job without seeing it, so I'm merely asking for a general ball park type estimate to get an idea of what I might be looking at to paint my car. With as many fox body mustangs made and painted over the years, I'm hoping that someone might be able to help. What I have and need is a good quality body/paint work on a 1993 Mustang notch back. It doesn't need any rust repair, just the paint sanded/stripped, and some minimal dents/dings pulled and/or filled in to create a good flat surface. If I were to show up with all the trim off, bumpers pulled, ready for you to do your magic, what price range might I be looking at for a good quality base/clear paint job in the car's original blue color? I am not looking for an over the top job, just something very nice for local shows and cruises. I'm in the greater KC area and am also taking suggestions for painters.
Any opinions will be appreciated.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I would say the minimum would be $2,500.00 to fix a few dents, strip and paint. This would be your cheap base/clear paint job. R&I bumpers, lamps, hood, glass etc... will add to the price. If you are painting jambs and engine bay and you can easily add another $1,200.00 or so. Best thing to do is go by a few shops with it and get them to give you a price. Our labor rates in Waco Texas are $44 per hr and $34 for paint and materials per hr but you are in Kansas and the rates may be higher. Your Idea of minor dents and mine may be different too.

If you are looking for a higher quality job budget $5,000 - $7,500.00 to repair dents, strip paint entire car including jambs and engine bay. Typically the higher end paint jobs will include flat sanding/buffing slick instead of just nibbling the trash and polishing out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread