Auto insurance....question.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Back story, I currently have 4 cars on my regular auto policy. The hellcat and ctsv are on collector insurance. Here’s the question. I now have a company car so I sold my 13 mb e350. I go online and remove that car from the policy. I click finish changes and poof my insurance goes up $177 every six months? I phone the insurance company and I’m told this is due to loosing a portion of my multi car discount? So I canceled changes and gave left that car on for the time being. What kind of insurance nonsense is it costs more to insure three cars instead of four.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1996slowbra

Established Member
Back story, I currently have 4 cars on my regular auto policy. The hellcat and ctsv are on collector insurance. Here’s the question. I now have a company car so I sold my 13 mb e350. I go online and remove that car from the policy. I click finish changes and poof my insurance goes up $177 every six months? I phone the insurance company and I’m told this is due to loosing a portion of my multi car discount? So I canceled changes and gave left that car on for the time being. What kind of insurance nonsense is it costs more to insure three cars instead of four.

You have two separate policies for your nice cars and your DD? It might be cheaper to package them together. I saved $400 a year when I added my cobra to my policy on top of the Fiesta.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Never thought this would be possible. Completely insane. I'm not amazed though, as the world today is a crazy place. Insure a matchbox car of the mb and tell the insurance company it identifies as a real car. Poof! Money saved!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Back when I had my mustang I bought a beater civic daily to drive and my insurance went down because of the multi car discount. When the civic was totaled I ended up leaving it on there forever since my insurance was cheaper.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think most insurance companies pull this stunt. USAA has done that to me, liberty mutual as well. I now use our neighbor who has their own insurance agency, they deal with several insurance companies. I got a pretty good deal with insuring our cars thru allstate...threw the 99 fboat on collectors insurance for 230 a year, 6K miles allowed.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You have two separate policies for your nice cars and your DD? It might be cheaper to package them together. I saved $400 a year when I added my cobra to my policy on top of the Fiesta.

Had progressive with the hellcat and the other vehicles. Was paying $4500 every 6. 19 yo had a no fault accident with the mustang($5000 damage). Rate went to $9000 every 6. Changed to esurance and put hc on collector.

Blown 89

Established Member
American Family does that too. When I removed my wife from the plan mine shot through the roof. I asked why and she said it was because I lost the multi-car discount and from a speeding (9 over) ticket 3 years ago that I took the state course to eliminate from my record but somehow they found out about anyway. Insurance is a ****ing scam.

It also went up because someone egged my car and someone hit my parked car while I was inside the store. Neither my fault obviously since I wasn't even in the car. I really wish consumers had leverage over these blood suckers.

CV355

_
Established Member
Most of them do that.

I *may* have conveniently "forgotten" to take a car off my policy one time because the discount was steep to have it there.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think most insurance companies pull this stunt. USAA has done that to me, liberty mutual as well. I now use our neighbor who has their own insurance agency, they deal with several insurance companies. I got a pretty good deal with insuring our cars thru allstate...threw the 99 fboat on collectors insurance for 230 a year, 6K miles allowed.
This, my middle kid does insurance. He shops all the time for rates. Does my homeowners too. Those bastards will jack you unless y’all pay attention.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I use Acuity. Mutually owned. No advertising. Very happy with my rate and service but you have to buy the policy through an agent.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Usaa had me take out some policy for jewelry and stuff. I paid 14$ every 6 months but they discount my policy 50$ every 6 months. Insurance is just weird

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I shop all my insurance every year. Some years I stay put, some years I move it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
Sounds pretty typical for modern insurance. They get you to bundle everything to "save money". Then, when you ask to un-bundle, they make it painful and hope you won't make the effort to shop around.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
We have had State Farm for almost 15 years and shopping around, I can save about $450 a year (auto and home combined) switching to Farmers that has better coverage. So, I'm going in tomorrow to do just that.

Users who are viewing this thread