Auto meter dual gauge bezel?

lx_90_coupe

Established Member
I purchased an auto meter dual gauge pod that goes around the factory cluster and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried painting it to match the dash from where its charcoal and the bezel comes in black. If you have had success at doing this I would appreciate it if you could tell me the process that you used to accomplish this and if you have any finished product pics that would be great, any and all info is appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Bob

bauto

Established Member
I just painted mine today, bought SEM interior rattle can paint at a/body supply store goes on super easy 3-4 light coats and is super fast drying hope this helps Bob

Woody6799

Established Member
ResizedImage_1398282742824.jpg

not the best pic but it should help you out a bit. I need to trim the hole for the headlight knob a bit or figure out why mine hits there.

bauto

Established Member
I don't right now heading out of town for a week, i and take some when I get back home
it was very easy to do with the right paint

lx_90_coupe

Established Member
I don't right now heading out of town for a week, i and take some when I get back home
it was very easy to do with the right paint

Do you happen to have the paint code that you used or did you just use charcoal interior paint?

Woody6799

Established Member
Left mine black, honostly don't even notice it, it doesn't look out of place..

I swapped a black one out for the painted. I didn't notice how much it stood out until I swapped them out. Not saying it stands out alot but definitely blends better.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
sorry to dig up an old thread. is there any prep work involved with this? i painted mine with the sem paint and it came out like crap. going to do it over but wondering if i need to do any thing before painting.

Users who are viewing this thread