Autobahn engine failure

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Well, figured it was only a matter of time. I'm pretty sure I threw a Rod and cracked the block on the Autobahn last night. Stock bottom end with Roush TVS dynoed at 609 rwhp. I threw it into 4th at 100mph and floored and she let go with a bunch of clanking coming from the engine and lost all power and instantly shut down. The radiator resevoir went completely empty so I believe I cracked the block as well. Either going with an Aluminator long block, or MMR 1000 short block. Engine had just under 35,000 miles, 14,000 of it supercharged. Shipping to Germany is going to suck!:(

BV600

Established Member
Well you are the 2nd tvs'd coyote to be killed by the bahn, and the third SC setup. My old Procharged 12 bit the dust last year with the new owner.

Ill look up the members name on here for you but he had a MMR shortblock shipped to Germany. Wasn't too bad.

EDIT** I think his name is MadTrav on here?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
man the autobahn is no joke thats for sure. im sure that if we had roads like that here we would have ALOT more dead coyotes.

Pred_mech

Established Member
MMR is the bees knees as they say over in the UK. When I was stationed there they sent me a short block for my 03 Cobra. I want to say it was like $300 ish? I can't remember as it was a while ago. Good luck! Did your tuner know you would be doing high load runs? That's what killed my engine....the first time lol.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
lightning rodder use to have the motorsploder club. yall should start a new club for the autobahn lol. sorry OP now go big or go home.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Thanks guys. I meant to get it detuned/retuned for the Autobahn. But never got around to it being that winter is upon us. Just happened to have good weather last night on my way to go snowboarding in Garmisch. I was already set to pick up my winter car. Buying it this coming Wednesday for 2,900 Euro.> (1999 BMW 5 series).

I need to call MMR and figure out the shipping. Would be nice if I could get it shipped to the flight Hangar I'm at on base. Someone was telling me they freight shipped a turbo kit that way a while back. I'll see if I can look up MadTrav too.

99arboC

Established Member
Bummer. Well hope you get a decent shipping rate.
I love the autobahn but car is mostly stock. Also mine is parked already for the winter.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I have an aluminator and i can say that if you do autobahn dri ing id get a MMR promod block, RGR or livernois or something with good iron sleeves.

BV600

Established Member
What kind of gas is over there?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Im pretty sure its the same as here 93 being the highest.

If you go off base its pretty expensive as you pay by the liter and euro, unless you have a esso card and go to an esso station.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Im pretty sure its the same as here 93 being the highest.

If you go off base its pretty expensive as you pay by the liter and euro, unless you have a esso card and go to an esso station.

+1

That's how it was when I was stationed in Wiesbaden 2 years ago. Will be PCS'ing back to Vilseck next NOV.

-Nick

BV600

Established Member
+1

That's how it was when I was stationed in Wiesbaden 2 years ago. Will be PCS'ing back to Vilseck next NOV.

-Nick

Man I miss Vilseck 2007-2012, Lots of fun there.

Hawaii to Germany dude you have a it made.

grnenvy

Established Member
U better make sure your tune is good or u will waste the new motor. Timing is the killer with any SC setup. U may want to get some Torco shipped with that motor. Torco is the magic juice especially needed for top end pulls.

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Damn that is crazy that it let go. I'm curious to see your build. I am debating on whether or not to build the motor or sell the car for a new project.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
image_zps35538f31.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks guys for the advice. Going to call MMR tomorrow and see what they suggest. Would like to get a MMR 1000, shortblock and salvage the heads if possible. Need to tear it down and see how bad it is. Got to get it towed back to the MWR, Auto Skills Center first. Going to be a good project once I get all the parts in. She sits two hours away at the moment. Had to take the bumper off in order to tow it. Looks abandoned!

Users who are viewing this thread