• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Automatic to Manual????

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by J15BIG, Feb 3, 2002.

  1. J15BIG

    J15BIG New Member Established Member

    Jul 3, 2001
    My friend has a 1967 Ford Ranchero. It origanlly had a 289 but now has a new 302. He wants to convert it from an automatic to a manual. I went to an online SVO dealer and just looked at random transmissions. I clicked on the Tremec 5speed HD originally used in the 95 Cobra Rs...After its description it has a bunch of other part numbers and instructions...here is what it says
    It requires a unique clutch housing M-6392-R58. To fit in 1979-93 use M-5059-A cross member. To fit in 1994-95 use above bellhousing. Modify vehicle cross member. Lengthen drive shaft 5/8" and use clutch fork E6ZZ-7515-A. Direct replacement part.

    So what do we need to change this damn thing into a manual? Im not exactly and expert when it comes to swapping transmissions so any help wold be appreciated. Would any transmission shop be able to this for him or is it considered a "specialty" thing that would have to be done by a "specialty" shop



    GR8WHITE The BIG FISH Established Member

    Nov 12, 2000
    Gastonia NC
    You'll definitely need a different bellhousing. One that matches the tranny and block. You also need a different flywheel and a matching clutch. The crossmember may have to be made to accept the tranny, not real sure about that though. I know the 67 isn't a fox chassis. You will also need to measure the driveshaft to see if your old one will work or if a new one is needed.

Share This Page