AutoX and the ST

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a FoST but a FiST guy here who auto-x's a ton.

Rule number one is sign up and have fun. Nothing more, nothing less. Dont worry about hitting cones or going off course.

Grab one of the seasoned guys to ride with you the first few runs to give you some pointers. Do the track walk in the beginning more than once. I usually walk the course 4-5 times before the "official" track walk to make sure i understand where each transition zone is, the best line and any areas that could slow me down.

Check your tire pressure to start the day. Set at factory specs. After each run, check your pressures and adjust accordingly. I usually lower mine by 5-7lbs front to rear after my first run. Tire pressures are very important and can make or break a run.

Bring a helmet, blue painters tape(race car numbers), a tire pressure gauge, a small air compressor(setting tire pressures is key) some sunscreen or a hat, a camping chair and food/drinks.

1Slowfocusst

Established Member
I autocross the hell out of my car. I typically check air pressure after every run. Try to keep fronts at 38 and rear at 36 throughout day. If you’re using stock intercooler then you probably want to shut car off between runs to prevent heat soak. Most of all have fun. Ask questions. Don’t worry about how fast the other cars are going just try to be faster than your previous lap
IMG_6513.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread