autox is challenging

KILRSVT

Established Member
hows it going guys ive been autocrossing in my car for 6 months and have only been at 4 events. My very first autox event was in a corvette C5 z06 I was so amazed on the handling on that car( hoosier equipped). I ran a mid 46 and the owner of the car ran a high 45 shes been autox for 5 years not bad a newb. all these events are at the american autocross

Now this last event the fastest i could get around this course was 44.381 i couldnt get into the 43. so i had an experience driver with a couple of trophies drive my car ....omg:eek: what a driver he drove my car in to a 43.661 I suck lol

I was stuck in open track mode...smooth turns and braking and although there is smoothness involved in auto x i believe it is way more technical and complicated than road course. I learn so much from having someone else drive my car it took a lot of skill to drive my car into the 43. i attempted to drive down to a 43 but kept braking to early or too late too much throttle or turning in too early.

just venting i guess.. but i got to say the challenging my self has me hooked as well as how fun it is:rockon:

Last edited:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I have found that autocrossing a Mustang is more about weight management than text book driving technique. You almost need to drive the car wrong and it is counter intuitive at times, but sometimes you must go slow to be fast. I'd be willing to bet your co-driver's run felt less desperate and maybe even more conservative than your runs did.

Boss002

Established Member
auto x can be extremely challenging especially with a nose heavy car and just heavy in general like a terminator. Your def doing pretty well if you have done 4 events and are keeping within a second of your friend with 5 years experience

KILRSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys I'll be getting my car back from the shop tomorrow . It is now a mm front k member kit along with coil over I know I'm supposed to mod it until my driving skills are increased but I couldn't help it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Users who are viewing this thread