Avg Mileage

Ordie

Established Member
I'm thinking of picking up an ST2/3 to replace the Mustang I have.

The Stang really isnt practical for where I live. Its a 2x4 mile island with an avg speed limit of 35 mph and Im getting an avg of just over 16 mpg.

Whats normal MPG everyone's getting with their ST.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
According to the computer I'm averaging 26.5. Not sure I trust it yet though because last tank I filled up after 235 miles and it took 8.45 gallons. That's just shy of 28mpg. I've only got 400 miles on it so far though, so well see how the computer does after a couple more tanks.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I keep reading about the fuel mileage benefits from a tune...I'm itching to get one, but I'm gonna force myself to wait a little longer. I want to see how well the tuned cars hold up over the dead of summer with the A/C blasting before I jump in.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I keep reading about the fuel mileage benefits from a tune...I'm itching to get one, but I'm gonna force myself to wait a little longer. I want to see how well the tuned cars hold up over the dead of summer with the A/C blasting before I jump in.

Mine has been tuned since 500 miles. Use the A/C on a daily basis. I don't see it having issues from the tune ever. Now if you upgrade the turbo you might expect issues later on.

Ordie

Established Member
I probably shouldnt but im about to pull the trigger on a Black ST3 with moonroof.

Id be getting rid of the Mustang. The GT just isnt practical for where I live. Its all stop n go and 35 mph most of my trip. I could definitely use the 25+ mpg on a DD compared to the 16 I get now.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2 and my fingers.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Mine has been tuned since 500 miles. Use the A/C on a daily basis. I don't see it having issues from the tune ever. Now if you upgrade the turbo you might expect issues later on.

Yeah but have you sat in traffic with 90+temps and 80%+ humidity with the AC on then stood on it to merge? That's when you'll know if you've got a problem.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
You are getting that kind of mileage out of a ST? I am impressed! I road tripped from NC to MD over christmas and only got 27 running ~70. Your mpg is closer to what my 12 SEL got.

Hwys out here in Cali are flat. I was able to squeeze 40mpg out of one tank but that was at 60mph never hitting boost once.

Ordie

Established Member
Um... why?

Btw I actually have a Trek but thats got nothing to do with the thread

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2 and my fingers.

Charisma

Established Member
I think he's saying the size of the island you live on, a car isn't needed lol.

Users who are viewing this thread