Aviator intakes

boost88

Established Member
So I was looking into this because I was bored. Why isn't this a more common thing with the fr500 intake costing an arm and a leg? I know hood clearance is an issue but I assume if you found a junkyard car you could pull the tb, cable, alternator bracket and fuel rails. Some of the stuff I read was 10 and 10 on the curve with adding a ton over 6200 where the stocker lacks

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I remember it trying to become a big thing. But not only do you need the intake you also need a way to actuate the valves. I think some people were using an MSD box with some kind of trigger. Along with making it fit under the stock hood.

boost88

Established Member
Yeah I think the MSD window switch was the solution for that. With the fr500 being an insane amount of money I figured this would be a viable option for people but no one seems to do it.

I know there would be different issues with each car. Like having a return or return less fuel system etc. Might see what else I can find on it. Pretty interesting.

boost88

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking. Add some c heads, cams and aviator intake and run e85. Probably make a good 375+

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have one. I'm in the northwest Chicago burbs. You can have it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread