Aviator Intakes

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I tried searching and only came up with For Sale threads.

Anyway, I have a chance to get an aviator intake, complete. I can take what I want off the motor. What are the benefits and drawbacks of these intakes? What would be needed to make it work on my motor? What is a fair price for it?

Any and all infor anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I don't have personal experience with the aviator but, I did read on the corral they need a lot of work to flow well, making a PSR out of a 99/01 style intake is the better path to take. Try searching over there or maybe nasvt will chime in.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I'm not a fan of the aviator intake personally. They take a lot to get right on our cars and don't provide much better performance (some actually say hurt performance). IMO do a ported intake, or PSR depending on whats needed or you may be able to find a fr500 piece.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
dual runner doesn't nec. mean its better. The long runners are supposed to supply more low/mid range torque and the shorter a higher rpm power increase. you'd have to search for dynos to see the real story. It's very doubtful a guy who spent a long tedious time putting one of those intakes on his car is gonna say it didn't give him power.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I started searching around and am finding that it is gonna take a lot of work to make this work right. Then it is mainly a High RPM gain. Damn. Oh well.

Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread