AXOD died help!!!!

AXODjunk

Established Member
Not to long ago my AXOD trans died in my 93 SHO. At first the symptoms were weird. When i went fron PARK (P) into DRIVE (D) it would do nothing. If i put it onto NEUTRAL (N) and reved it up to like 3000rpm's for like 5 seconds then put it into DRIVE it would work fine. almost like no fluid pressure. It would only do this sometimes. Also between 2500rpm's and 5000rpm's at about half gas in DRIVE it would slip from 1st to 2nd...weird... Then the other day i was driving along stopd at a red light, then get this... hit the gas, It sliped out of 1st then hammered back into 1st at like 3000rpm's the sliped out again or broke something big then it never worked again.....any suggestions???? HELP iam a broke mother ***er

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
If you're broke you shouldn't be driving a SHO. Expect to pay around $1k for a transmission rebuild and install.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If you want to keep the car, and are serious about it Doug Lewis at FPS in Douglasville, GA is the AXODE God. Last I knew, the AXODEs he built were around 2800, I don't believe that included R&R.

AXODjunk

Established Member
i wasent broke when i got the car i had a job ...a good job. But i got fired...

oh well i guess iam doomed

AXODjunk

Established Member
well no worries. My gram just hit the Megabucks...2.1 million

Shes gonna fix it for me when i get a new job.. for the sum of $1500-1800 not too bad

And buddy....you find me someone that will put a brandnew AXOD for $1000 and then let him hit has crack pipe again....hahahaha $1000 my ass. The transmission alone is 1059.00 at autozone. Cheapest around

later guys

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Oh, ok. Thats really weird because my mom's bill on her 94 ATX said $1k for rebuild and R&R. Hmm. BTW, a transmission from Autozone isn't going to last. Get one from Doug Lewis and be done with it. That money's going to be gone in no time anyway.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
AXODjunk said:
well no worries. My gram just hit the Megabucks...2.1 million

Shes gonna fix it for me when i get a new job.. for the sum of $1500-1800 not too bad

And buddy....you find me someone that will put a brandnew AXOD for $1000 and then let him hit has crack pipe again....hahahaha $1000 my ass. The transmission alone is 1059.00 at autozone. Cheapest around

later guys
You're an idiot.

AXODjunk

Established Member
You're an idiot. Driving a Jeep Liberty talking about SHO's

retard

hahahahahahaha i win

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
got me there :rolleyes:
I know there is no way possible that I have some background with these cars.

ez112

Established Member
Ha ha ha!! Why get all bent out of shape AXOD?

The guy is reputable for making KICK ASS rebuilds. But of course whatever you feel like investing in.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
AXODjunk said:
You're an idiot. Driving a Jeep Liberty talking about SHO's

retard

hahahahahahaha i win

Hey asshole, How about shut your ****ing Mouth and get a Job instead of mooching off your grandma to fix your car. Its idiots like you who are destroying what was once a great community. If this is the new Generation of SHO Owners then boy am I glad I'm getting out. All of this shit talking coming from the same freaking retard that claims his SHO eats up 05 Mustang GT's for lunch, Give me a Break. Your Peice of shit car could catch a Yugo if it tried. Idiot.

Just have somone push that peice of shit car of yours off a god damn cliff but please make sure that your in it.

****ing loser.

-Sam

Last edited:

blue92

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
If you want to keep the car, and are serious about it Doug Lewis at FPS in Douglasville, GA is the AXODE God. Last I knew, the AXODEs he built were around 2800, I don't believe that included R&R.

I wouldn't let Doug Lewis touch one of my SHOs much less fix a tranny. Kaadic SHO out of Austin, Tx is still waiting for his SHO back from him, been going on 4 years now. If I were up north I'd get Kirk Doucette or Bizzy from SHOforum to fix it or their tranny guy.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
blue92 said:
I wouldn't let Doug Lewis touch one of my SHOs much less fix a tranny. Kaadic SHO out of Austin, Tx is still waiting for his SHO back from him, been going on 4 years now. If I were up north I'd get Kirk Doucette or Bizzy from SHOforum to fix it or their tranny guy.
Kaotic is a bit different as his car is up there in the modification category. As for Bizzy.....lets just say my brother is still waiting on $325 refund she promised him a few months back for one of her 'harden' differential transmission that's shit the bed and she hasn't responded to PMs recently. Doug knows his shit, period, and no one else in the SHO world comes close to his ATX trannies.

blue92

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Kaotic is a bit different as his car is up there in the modification category. As for Bizzy.....lets just say my brother is still waiting on $325 refund she promised him a few months back for one of her 'harden' differential transmission that's shit the bed and she hasn't responded to PMs recently. Doug knows his shit, period, and no one else in the SHO world comes close to his ATX trannies.

North Texas Performance does all the work on my SHOs thank god, before Tony, Sergio Perfetti was my SHO mechanic so I guess I'm lucky to be in Texas. Sorry to hear the bizzy story tho, there's nothing on my SHOs from her shop I was going by what some have said about her work. I do know Kirk and seen him welding some cams so I know he knows his stuff. :)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
peaches said:
sell the pos sho and get a real ford like a mustang...
Yeah, the sad thing is a stock SHO will hang and/or beat your 90 Mustang GT from a stop and will rape you from a roll. Thanks for you input.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
A-T-Hex. The AXOD-E's are trash. 93 SHO automatics are replaced with the oil. Every 3k miles

Users who are viewing this thread