[B]1994 5.0 vs 2002 Ls-1 maro tonight!!![/B]

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
I have a 1994 5.0 GT 5spd.

Mods are : 3.55 gears, Full CAI, Full exhaust, Throttle body, high flow elbow, professional products ported upper and lower intake, FMS racing wires, small N20 cam, Zex 125hp wet N20 system, B&M short shifter.

2002 Camaro LS-1 M6

Mods are: SLP high flow lid, borla stinger catback

One 40 mph roll up to 125-130ish. There is $200.00 cash on the line. The race is tonight.

Any thoughts?? :beer:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
One thing, where the funk is Cherryville?

Two...good luck...but I would prepare for the worst. Those LS1s are stout motors. Also, he might be running a secret shot.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
iCEMANSGCCC said:
One thing, where the funk is Cherryville?

Two...good luck...but I would prepare for the worst. Those LS1s are stout motors. Also, he might be running a secret shot.

Cherryville is 20 mins from Gastoina, 20 minutes from lincolnton, and about 40 mins from Charlotte. Where are you?

03 red vert

charged98cobra said:
I have a 1994 5.0 GT 5spd.

Mods are : 3.55 gears, Full CAI, Full exhaust, Throttle body, high flow elbow, professional products ported upper and lower intake, FMS racing wires, small N20 cam, Zex 125hp wet N20 system, B&M short shifter.

2002 Camaro LS-1 M6

Mods are: SLP high flow lid, borla stinger catback

One 40 mph roll up to 125-130ish. There is $200.00 cash on the line. The race is tonight.

Any thoughts?? :beer:

If those are his only mods and you are on juice... you should take him...

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
charged98cobra said:
Cherryville is 20 mins from Gastoina, 20 minutes from lincolnton, and about 40 mins from Charlotte. Where are you?

I used to live in Winston-Salem. Now I live in an area called Ahoskie. It's about 20min. south of VA, almost as far east as you can go. Look on a map for a Hertford County, and thats me

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
The official word from my tune shop that looked at my GT, is that I will have an easy 330rwhp on the spray, and with my setup even 340-350 would not be supprising. So I might get him good considering my car is lighter, better gearing, and maybe as much as 20-30rwhp difference. Not to mention the instant torque that N20 makes...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
charged98cobra said:
The official word from my tune shop that looked at my GT, is that I will have an easy 330rwhp on the spray, and with my setup even 340-350 would not be supprising. So I might get him good considering my car is lighter, better gearing, and maybe as much as 20-30rwhp difference. Not to mention the instant torque that N20 makes...

I dont' know. With those mods, he should be putting down clsoe to the same numbers. (well, 330).

I personally think it will be close and will come down to the driver. Good luck.

RixSikcobra04

So let me get this straight. I must be missin' somethin' here? The Mustang is gonna be pushin' about 350 to the wheels with a whole lotta torque, over 400 I'm sure with a 125 shot and cam. So you guys are saying that this car pitted against a basically stock LS1 is gonna be close or result in a Mustang loss? From a dig it's anyone's race, but from a roll where there is no traction issues, Mustang is gonna pull the whole way on the LS1...the only thing that will save that LS1 is his bottle running empty. The Mustang has an advantage everwhere that I can see: weight, hp, tq, gears. Well, I guess we'll see. Post it later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
So let me get this straight. I must be missin' somethin' here? The Mustang is gonna be pushin' about 350 to the wheels with a whole lotta torque, over 400 I'm sure with a 125 shot and cam. So you guys are saying that this car pitted against a basically stock LS1 is gonna be close or result in a Mustang loss? From a dig it's anyone's race, but from a roll where there is no traction issues, Mustang is gonna pull the whole way on the LS1...the only thing that will save that LS1 is his bottle running empty. The Mustang has an advantage everwhere that I can see: weight, hp, tq, gears. Well, I guess we'll see. Post it later.
+1

2001stripper

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:

Do you really think that the Z is as stock as it appears, especially when $200 is on the line? Even if it does only have the lid and catback, this car will be putting down 330-340 rwhp. 01-02 LS1's put down anywhere between 310-320 stock. Also, this car is an M6 and they have a hellacious 3rd gear pull, this race is from a roll. And another thing since when does an SN95 Mustang weigh less than a 3400 pound Z-28? The SN95 platform weighed more than the fox body. I think that it will be good race, neither side should slaughter the other, unless, of course, the LS1 is spraying lol.

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

2001stripper said:
Do you really think that the Z is as stock as it appears, especially when $200 is on the line? Even if it does only have the lid and catback, this car will be putting down 330-340 rwhp. 01-02 LS1's put down anywhere between 310-320 stock. Also, this car is an M6 and they have a hellacious 3rd gear pull, this race is from a roll. And another thing since when does an SN95 Mustang weigh less than a 3400 pound Z-28? The SN95 platform weighed more than the fox body. I think that it will be good race, neither side should slaughter the other, unless, of course, the LS1 is spraying lol.

I'm not going by what I think may be in the Z, I'm going by the info I was given....and that shows advantage Mustang in every catagory. Everything that I read on the '94 gt has it under 3400 lbs. IMO this LS1 is gonna have about 300-310 (your numbers are erroneously high)or so to the wheels with about the same in tq. The Mustang is gonna have at least 350 rwhp/well over 400 in torque with that 125 shot. From a roll takes the only equalizing factor(the driver)out of the picture, this LS1 is toast unless, as you say, that the guy is lying and has more...This Mustang would be better served to race your car. It'd be closer than this race is gonna be.

Post the results

Edit: Ok, I'm a loser and have no life seein' as how it's 11pm(pacific) and I'm awake wonderin' how it went. Tell us the good news....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread