[B]1994 5.0 vs 2002 Ls-1 maro tonight!!![/B]

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
An LS-1 SS is a VERY strong car. Stronger and better than any stock 5.0. They run so fast on motor. They have great engines. They respond better to N20 than a 5.0 does, and out preform the stock 5.0 across the board. That does not mean however, that they can not be beat.

2001stripper

Established Member
50 BMG said:
I was going to say the same thing but got in here too late...2V's on a triple digit shot suprise the nay-sayers just about everytime.

Stripper would destroy that car from a properly set-up dig. And I think Stripper would win from a roll even if the GT found a gear discrepancy giving it the advantage from the hit.

Thank you. It would be a good race. I was at the track last night. I ran a best of 12.7 @ 113 on street tires. What does this GT w/ spray run at the track?

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Thank you. It would be a good race. I was at the track last night. I ran a best of 12.7 @ 113 on street tires. What does this GT w/ spray run at the track?

I also believe that you would be a good race. Too bad you are in OH and I am in NC. I think from a dig u would kill me, from a roll it would be closer, but I think that the odds might still be in your favor as long as I have stock heads. the 94 2v doesn't flow well at all.

Great numbers by the way! :burnout:

Cahill00SS

Established Member
ur bittn said:
You were right! I though my freind had a Stinger but it is a SLP Load Mouth.
:)
Edit: Do you know why they don't make one for the Camaro? They would probably sell a shit load of them.

i have no clue, but the regular borla cat back isn't too bad itself

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
charged98cobra said:
Should have raped me? Well Also have no accessories what so ever, no a/c, no back seat, no power windows, etc... He has full int. He didn't let out at any end, 400+ lbs of torque kicked IN.

I guess hell I could have a 300 shot and there would always be someone claiming that my race was bogus.....

It is ironic that your sn is sprayed pony your statements make me believe that is bull shit, because u don't understand what N20 really does.

You left out the fact that your car has been STRIPPED. That does make a difference other than just "a 94 GT with intake, tb, nos cam, 150shot" :rolleyes: Lastly, his car is NOT going to dyno 225whp Stock, with his mods he's probably in the 235-245whp range since the intake and came alone are not going to give a huge increase in power. If he did heads, then I can see a high 280-300whp car. The nitrous on top would be big numbers. Seeing as your car is stripped, then this isn't as far fetched as I originally though, since your car in stock trim wouldn't have done as well. LS1's can and DO dyno over 300whp STOCK, and a lid and catback will add another 20-30WHP.

Oh yeah, be careful with that big of a shot on that engine. Has it been tuned? It seems steep for a stock headed motor.

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
You left out the fact that your car has been STRIPPED. That does make a difference other than just "a 94 GT with intake, tb, nos cam, 150shot" :rolleyes: Lastly, his car is NOT going to dyno 225whp Stock, with his mods he's probably in the 235-245whp range since the intake and came alone are not going to give a huge increase in power. If he did heads, then I can see a high 280-300whp car. The nitrous on top would be big numbers. Seeing as your car is stripped, then this isn't as far fetched as I originally though, since your car in stock trim wouldn't have done as well. LS1's can and DO dyno over 300whp STOCK, and a lid and catback will add another 20-30WHP.

Oh yeah, be careful with that big of a shot on that engine. Has it been tuned? It seems steep for a stock headed motor.

Yeah it has been tuned, and even though the heads are stock some work has been done on them. I will be getting the dyno # soon, this is a deciently strong setup. I should have mentioned that I was stripped before but I didn't see it making that much difference. :rolling:

NotoriousJaegs

~There Goes My Hero~
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
i still think the SS should've raped you if not been right next to you, a close to 4000lb car, with a stock headed 5.0L
Here on Earth, a '94 5.0 with a manual transmission starts at about 3,276lbs, and a 2002 LS1 M6 starts at about 3411lbs. I'm not sure if you were calculating your figures based on Saturn's gravity instead, or maybe it was meant to insult charged98cobra by insinuating that he weighed more than 700 pounds :shrug:

2001stripper said:
And another thing since when does an SN95 Mustang weigh less than a 3400 pound Z-28
If this is a serious question, obviously the Mustang in question was manufactured in 1994; so as long as it is being compared to something weighing 3400lbs, it would follow to assume that "since 1994" would be the anwser.

2001stripper said:
The SN95 platform weighed more than the fox body.
You are absolutley correct, the last V8 foxes weighed from around 3035lbs to 3144lbs

2001stripper

Established Member
charged98cobra said:
I also believe that you would be a good race. Too bad you are in OH and I am in NC. I think from a dig u would kill me, from a roll it would be closer, but I think that the odds might still be in your favor as long as I have stock heads. the 94 2v doesn't flow well at all.

Great numbers by the way! :burnout:

Thanks. Congrats again on the kill. What are your 1/4 mile times? :beer:

Last edited:

bikeluver43

I'm faster than you.
Established Member
charged98cobra said:
Yeah it has been tuned, and even though the heads are stock some work has been done on them. I will be getting the dyno # soon, this is a deciently strong setup. I should have mentioned that I was stripped before but I didn't see it making that much difference. :rolling:

....and the heads have been worked? :fart: Jeez, you really did leave out a lot. No offense, but slightly porting the E7's really makes a difference on a 5.0, more so than most any other bolt on mod. That along with the intake, cam, Nitrous, etc, than I can completely believe this story. Next time put a full list man, good kill :banana: :thumbsup: :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
1995whitesnake said:
Are the 1995 cobras pretty fast compared to their mod motor brothers?? I just bought mine and it seems pretty quick...All it has done so far is 410s and cold air pipe....Also how would i get info as far as build date and production number?? Thanks
The 94/5 Cobras benefit the most from a computer upgrade, like an RPM Extender. Gears are great and exhaust upgrades help, as well. The Ford published stock numbers are 6.3 0-60 and 14.5 @ 97 in the quarter. The non-supercharged DOHC snake's Ford numbers average out to 5.7 0-60 and 13.8 @ 102 in the quarter.

Call 1-800-FORDSVT and give them your VIN, they'll print and send you a build certificate...

P.S. You can also find a wealth of information on the SN95 snakes here: SN95 Forum

Welcome to the site :beer:

dru440

Established Member
hey 2001 stripper where are you racing at? sometime were gonna have to meet up i gotta see that car in action its running really well! it would be a close race between us if it was a goodnight, tonight at thompson(not a very fast track) i ran 12.58 @ 111.4 in my 04 cobra, at norwalk on the street tires i had a 12.52 @ 114.26, so were right there. interesting car you have as well... there arent many like that are therE? as far as my mods go i got mac h pipe, flowmaster catback, lfp cai, and now bfg drag radials

kylez28

Established Member
The outcome seems entirely normal to me. Not much weight difference, the mustang probably had 10-20 rwhp and a bunch of torque on him.

2001stripper

Established Member
dru440 said:
hey 2001 stripper where are you racing at? sometime were gonna have to meet up i gotta see that car in action its running really well! it would be a close race between us if it was a goodnight, tonight at thompson(not a very fast track) i ran 12.58 @ 111.4 in my 04 cobra, at norwalk on the street tires i had a 12.52 @ 114.26, so were right there. interesting car you have as well... there arent many like that are therE? as far as my mods go i got mac h pipe, flowmaster catback, lfp cai, and now bfg drag radials

Yeah, my LS1 is probably in the minority. This is why I love going at it with the Mach guys. They beat some LS1's and they think that they can beat ALL LS1's, little do they know. I run mostly at Dragway 42, a terrible track for traction. They have Test 'N Tune on Tues and Fri nights but they don't prep the track. I was there this past Tues and ran 12.74 @ 113 on street tires w/ 2.01 60-ft. You've run some very good times and I love the Competition Orange Cobras. God, I would love to run at Norwalk but they are always so damn busy there that you can only get a few runs. Combine that with the fact that 42 is much closer to me and I can get 10-20 runs a night and you can see why I go to Dragway 42. I'll have to throw my BFG's back on to give you some good competition. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

quickneSS

Established Member
Good kill for the Cobra owner! :thumbsup: I don't know what the camaro guy was thinking :nonono: Maybe next time he'll think twice or get a bottle himself :rockon:

modmatt98cobra

yeah my 281 just beat you
Established Member
yeah as i stated the mustang won. ls1 are fast stock, but dam u guys think they are unbeatable even if the mustang is modded :nonono:

00GT

Banned
charged98cobra said:
I have a 1994 5.0 GT 5spd.

Mods are : 3.55 gears, Full CAI, Full exhaust, Throttle body, high flow elbow, professional products ported upper and lower intake, FMS racing wires, small N20 cam, Zex 125hp wet N20 system, B&M short shifter.

2002 Camaro LS-1 M6

Mods are: SLP high flow lid, borla stinger catback

One 40 mph roll up to 125-130ish. There is $200.00 cash on the line. The race is tonight.

Any thoughts?? :beer:

You will waste him if your car is running well with the juice.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
bikeluver43 said:
1st off, both LS1's your talking about are Auto's. With a stall those would be mid to low 12 second cars. Secondly, STOCK 6 speed LS1's can and do often hit 12's, but from a roll they are monsters.

As far as this race goes-I wish you had a video tape because it all sounds far fetched. Even with giving you the punch, and you having the edge, your car in no way would put a "football field" on the LS1-no way, no how. You'd have to be running 11's to be doing that. Secondly, you say you hit it in 2nd and took off-what no tire spin? My 03 GT would spin in second stock at 40mph if I dropped the hammer, and you had a 125 shot of spray. This story sounds made up, but without a video you have the win.

i doubt your gt will spin them at 40. i powershift my car all the time and it just slips the ass end a little and chirps 3rd. :bs:

Users who are viewing this thread