[B]1994 5.0 vs 2002 Ls-1 maro tonight!!![/B]

2001stripper

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
A GT will handle a 150 shot no problem...if that's what you were wonderin'. :beer:

WTF, I thought those bottom ends are like glass jaws. You may be able to get a few hard runs with a 150 shot but that shit is going to break sooner or later. :thumbsup:

RixSikcobra04

2001stripper said:
WTF, I thought those bottom ends are like glass jaws. You may be able to get a few hard runs with a 150 shot but that shit is going to break sooner or later. :thumbsup:

Key words..."I thought". See, "I know" that a GT can easily handle 400 to the wheels for a long time. That's about what rwhp a 150 shot will give a 2v. I ran a 150 shot on my '00 2v for almost 4 years, 75k miles sprayin' often. Never a problem, nothin'. Car ran as good as the day I bought it when I traded it for my Cobra. As with ANY power adder, reliability does go down when performance is increased. That is the tradeoff we all must accept when modding our cars, but you can keep the risk to a minimum if ya do your :read:

:beer:

2001stripper

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Key words..."I thought". See, "I know" that a GT can easily handle 400 to the wheels for a long time. That's about what rwhp a 150 shot will give a 2v. I ran a 150 shot on my '00 2v for almost 4 years, 75k miles sprayin' often. Never a problem, nothin'. Car ran as good as the day I bought it when I traded it for my Cobra. As with ANY power adder, reliability does go down when performance is increased. That is the tradeoff we all must accept when modding our cars, but you can keep the risk to a minimum if ya do your :read:

:beer:

I stand corrected, but did you atleast have a tune?

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Saturday I had the car dynoed at modular madness. They have a dyno and will let you do runs on the dynometer for $40. I'm trying to get my scanner software to scan, and im going to join photo bucket to get them up.

N/A #'s 283.1hp/310.3trq

125 shot of N20 392.6hp/468.2trq

Car had quite a few more things done than I anticipated, practacally the only thing stock on this 5.0 was the exhaust, and from further inspection, the cats have been gutted. Car also had lighter K members, stripped out interior, and the a/c compressor and accessory componets are gone.

Cars weight with little more than 1/4 tank of fuel = 3089lbs

00GT

Banned
charged98cobra said:
Saturday I had the car dynoed at modular madness. They have a dyno and will let you do runs on the dynometer for $40. I'm trying to get my scanner software to scan, and im going to join photo bucket to get them up.

N/A #'s 283.1hp/310.3trq

Car had quite a few more things done than I anticipated, practacally the only thing stock on this 5.0 was the exhaust, and from further inspection, the cats have been gutted. Car also had lighter K members, stripped out interior, and the a/c compressor and accessory componets are gone.

What year car? What mods?

RixSikcobra04

2001stripper said:
I stand corrected, but did you atleast have a tune?

It's all good bro. Actually, I use an NX wet kit. For my Cobra, I have a tune due to it's much more modded than my 2v was. However, wet kits are designed to bolt right on...no tuning required....unlike a dry shot of N20 where ya should be tuned. Wet kits are "tuned" by the jetting chart supplied by the company. Ya install a N20 jet and fuel jet, the fuel and n20 are then aerosoled at a perfect mixture(actually, usually slightly rich for safety). Since it is injected post MAF, the computer doesn't even have to compensate for the extra 02. Easy power....too easy. Throw a 125 wet kit on your car and you'll be in that "rarely lose" catagory. You'll be close(if not over)500 to the wheels in hp....WAY over that in tq.

RixSikcobra04

charged98cobra said:

N/A #'s 283.1hp/310.3trq

As we can all see, that LS1 never stood a chance :rockon:

2001stripper

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
It's all good bro. Actually, I use an NX wet kit. For my Cobra, I have a tune due to it's much more modded than my 2v was. However, wet kits are designed to bolt right on...no tuning required....unlike a dry shot of N20 where ya should be tuned. Wet kits are "tuned" by the jetting chart supplied by the company. Ya install a N20 jet and fuel jet, the fuel and n20 are then aerosoled at a perfect mixture(actually, usually slightly rich for safety). Since it is injected post MAF, the computer doesn't even have to compensate for the extra 02. Easy power....too easy. Throw a 125 wet kit on your car and you'll be in that "rarely lose" catagory. You'll be close(if not over)500 to the wheels in hp....WAY over that in tq.

Yeah, I've been debating between a blower and nitrous. I might just have to go the nitrous route so I will be in that "rarely lose" category lol :rockon:

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
charged98cobra said:

Sounds about right.

My 95 GT that had no power windows, locks (from factory), and no A/C weighed in at 3100lbs.

Good Kill

Users who are viewing this thread