B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Be careful emailing new members. He has used a different email on SVTP before. SVTP normally requires a pic of the item along with the members user name in the photo to prevent such issues.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
Well, time for my once every three year check in lol I still make them. Shoot me a text or give me a call 419-689-4314
Just out of genuine curiosity why isn't the front machined out more to clear the intake? I don't have any issue opening that front section up to clear the intake mani but it seems like that is something that could be done during the machining process:

Attachments

• IMG_6448.jpg
    IMG_6448.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 97

96dreamer

Established Member
Did you have any issues sealing yours? I have been troubleshooting some issues on my car and this plate is leaking in probably 4 different spots? Probably going to have to use some gasket maker to seal up the voids.
I have been running mine for a few years with no issues, I have one of the first runs. I bench smoke tested mine to check for leaks and had no issues. There are 1 or 2 spots that need to be rtv's because the gasket runs over a bolt hole so. The one side also needs to be ground down to avoid hitting the lower intake otherwise it will not bolt down all the way.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I have been running mine for a few years with no issues, I have one of the first runs. I bench smoke tested mine to check for leaks and had no issues. There are 1 or 2 spots that need to be rtv's because the gasket runs over a bolt hole so. The one side also needs to be ground down to avoid hitting the lower intake otherwise it will not bolt down all the way.

I think my issue is because I was using allen head screws vs button cap screws to bolt the adapter to the lower intake. Even though It didn't appear that any of the allen head screws were in the path of the gasket / lid it's very possible some were. I just swapped over to button head screws and will try and fire the car up again tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread