Baby Fever

Should I give her the beans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
OP you gotta let KR take a run at your wife. The kid might be ugly, but they'll live forever...

e75e475a48cfb2076543c97f57c7ef2e.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
do it man ! I should have done it in my 20s. Now I'm older and regretting it lol. My daughter is 1. and another girl is in the oven. Having kids does make things more stressful but it is SO worth it. Release that sperm whale !

cj428mach

Established Member
Wife's got baby fever. We both love/want kids and will hit a year of marriage in a few months. Both sets of future grandparents are approaching mid 60's, and both have a grand child (not ours). Also, we are in our late 20's. I'll be 30 next year. She's a very nurturing/loving woman and I am very comfortable with her being the mother of my kid(s). I just look at the cost of daycare/kids/all the things as car hobby crushers/stress inducers.

Asking SVTp Gods mostly for entertainment purposes. But I imagine someone in the bunch will provide sound advice.

I always wanted a kid but wasn't sure i wanted my lifestyle changed. Finally in our mid 30s we had our agreed upon 1 and only kid (was desperately wanting a boy but had a girl). She getting close to 2 years old and she's changed my life and me for the better. Theres no one on this earth i love more and no one else I'd rather spend my time with than her. I say pull the trigger, you won't regret it.

nxhappy

Established Member
I always wanted a kid but wasn't sure i wanted my lifestyle changed. Finally in our mid 30s we had our agreed upon 1 and only kid (was desperately wanting a boy but had a girl). She getting close to 2 years old and she's changed my life and me for the better. Theres no one on this earth i love more and no one else I'd rather spend my time with than her. I say pull the trigger, you won't regret it.
amen to that brother

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife's got baby fever. We both love/want kids and will hit a year of marriage in a few months. Both sets of future grandparents are approaching mid 60's, and both have a grand child (not ours). Also, we are in our late 20's. I'll be 30 next year. She's a very nurturing/loving woman and I am very comfortable with her being the mother of my kid(s). I just look at the cost of daycare/kids/all the things as car hobby crushers/stress inducers.

Asking SVTp Gods mostly for entertainment purposes. But I imagine someone in the bunch will provide sound advice.

In all honesty if you want a kid or kids, go for it.

Make certain you and your wife have had time for each other and are out of that honeymoon stage. My wife and I have had a great relationship but have been stressed and taken it out on each other a time or two since the little one. It adds stress regardless of how organized, established, and calm you are.

I was 38 and wife was 36 when we had ours. It takes a lot of energy to raise a child if you are doing it right.

As far as money, we went down to one income. I could have finished my car by now if we didn’t have a child but that becomes less important. My wife doesn’t bitch about my toys it is just not important for me to finish right now.

It has been important to spend money on trips and experiences for my daughter over toys and such.

Don’t hurry but don’t wait too long.

Karen is the Ken Block of AWD minivans.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Earlier tonight I was playing with Legos with my 7 and 3 year old while our 5 month old kicked around on the floor.

A few minutes ago I came back into my own room to sleep after nearly having to beat my 7 year old for screaming for ‘mom’ while in his bedroom. Woke up the 3 year old, who shares the bedroom, twice.

Whatever happens, don’t let your wife let them get away with bull shit games at bedtime.

Never in my life would I have expected to be fighting a 7 year old almoat EVERY NIGHT over bedtime and sleeping.

Also, don’t wait to get snipped after 2, because you’ll sneak in a third after scheduling the nut cut.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Having kids is the only way to "live" forever.

No kids (that I know of) yet, but it's on the agenda once I finish my MS. I love my parents too much to let their teachings die with me.

I'll just leave this here (it's a joke, don't lecture me)

Screenshot_20190725-011955_DuckDuckGo.jpeg

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Stateguy

Established Member
I was 30 when we had our first one and was terrified. But having kids has been the biggest eye opening experience for me. I’ve learned so much on what my parents went through to raise me and have a stronger understanding and respect on their actions that didn’t quite make sense growing up.

Are children a time vampire? Yes! But I can’t think of anything else I would rather invest my time and money in. Besides the real costs don’t get crazy till high school and after (braces, car insurance, car, college, wedding, etc)
IMG_3607.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I just had a son 4 months ago. So far it's been fantastic. My wife is a teacher, so she has been off for several months.

I work 3rd shift, so I'm able to watch him in the afternoon once I wake up. My parents are both retired and live 5 min away and live to watch it. My wife and I do everything we want to do and life really hasn't changed much, bc my parents help so much.

If I didn't have my parents to help I couldn't imagine having a kid. If she's going to be a stay at home mom then your good, if not, it's going to be a rough ride.

If we didn't have help, my wife and I would probably move to somewhere tropical and enjoy life without kids. Massive burden without family.

My son is almost 4 months and my wife went back to work at the beginning of the month, only 4 days a week for now. No weekly help from either set of parents, daycare is more than our mortgage. It is a lot of work but doable and certainly worth it for the little guy.

Our biggest struggle right now is I'm being asked to spend $4k+ to goto Mexico for a destination "celebration" (they eloped already) for her brother in January. Sorry, not in the cards and it wouldn't be for one of my siblings either.

SVTXTC

Established Member
You wouldn’t decide to breed two race horses sight unseen. Let’s see pics of you and the philly and SVTPERFORMANCE can decide if it would produce a good combo.

Can vs Should

Pics or poll is useless.

CobraG

Established Member
I say if you both feel the time is right, go for it. Like Stateguy said the real expenses come when they get older. Mine are 18 & 16, braces, car insurance, etc. They cost more now than they did when they were little.
Do it before you get too old too. We're in our early 40's, I think our timing was right having them in our mid 20's.
Make sure to enjoy them when their little too, I know everyone says it but it's true. Time does fly!

08mojo

Established Member
Entirely up to you, and your old lady brotha.

I'm the same age (roughly) as you, and Tanya and I had the discussion a week ago, and we're both still out on kids. Matter of fact, I'm looking at getting snipped. I dont want them ever. Have never wanted kids, just not for me. I'd rather be the 'cool uncle that can do whatever he wants whenever he wants' lolol

Couldn't have said it any better! I'm sure kids are fulfilling, the best thing to ever happen, etc... But, I'm also certain that they can be a complete drain. I absolutely enjoy having a life free from true responsibility and having the ability for the wife and I to go and do as we please. It's selfish to some, I get it, but it's a great life.

My wife are tried and paid and tried and can't. It's nothing short of a miracle in my eyes and the most meaningful thing in life you could do. When I die, that's it. When you die you live on...do it.

Sorry to hear of the troubles, I can't imagine how hard that would be to go through. The one part I never understood, or had any desire to fulfill, is to 'keep my name going.' I don't know what I'm missing, but I just don't seem to care.

_Snake_

Established Member

I didn’t need to read a single reply to tell you it doesn’t matter what any of us say (said). You’re having a baby whether you like it or not. Lol

cj428mach

Established Member
Couldn't have said it any better! I'm sure kids are fulfilling, the best thing to ever happen, etc... But, I'm also certain that they can be a complete drain. I absolutely enjoy having a life free from true responsibility and having the ability for the wife and I to go and do as we please. It's selfish to some, I get it, but it's a great life.

Sorry to hear of the troubles, I can't imagine how hard that would be to go through. The one part I never understood, or had any desire to fulfill, is to 'keep my name going.' I don't know what I'm missing, but I just don't seem to care.
It's probably more of a desire to teach someone and to hopefully make the world a better place 1 person at a time.

Also a ton of enjoyment in providing for your kids. Im definitely a little selfish but for my daughter im always buying her stuff or throwing money in her savings acct. I do this for her, but i do it equally as much for myself as it makes me feel good.

GodStang

Established Member
Earlier tonight I was playing with Legos with my 7 and 3 year old while our 5 month old kicked around on the floor.

A few minutes ago I came back into my own room to sleep after nearly having to beat my 7 year old for screaming for ‘mom’ while in his bedroom. Woke up the 3 year old, who shares the bedroom, twice.

Whatever happens, don’t let your wife let them get away with bull shit games at bedtime.

Never in my life would I have expected to be fighting a 7 year old almoat EVERY NIGHT over bedtime and sleeping.

Also, don’t wait to get snipped after 2, because you’ll sneak in a third after scheduling the nut cut.

Truth. We had/wanted two kids. We were happy and content. A 5yr and a 6yr old. One night decided not to pull out cause we knew she did not ovulate for another week. Well my boys hunkered down and survived the storm and now I gots 3...

Think of all the great family photos:

IMG_3313.JPG

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife cried when she took the test for #3. She had miserable pregnancies; pic lines, nausea throughout, vomiting, rashes.

But, it was also kind of sad seeing the 2nd one grow up through the baby stages knowing he was the last.

So, we are enjoying boy 3 one day at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread