Baby Fever

Should I give her the beans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not to hijack, but side-question that doesn't deserve its own thread. If someone works from home, could watching an infant be viable, or is it so demanding that there's no way it could be done? Assume the number of working hours do not change (meaning a 30m interruption adds 30m to the end of the day, same work output)

Depends on the infant. Some can sleep most of the day, and you just got to feed/change them often.
Others can be needy, wanting body warmth and not sleep as well.

Also depends on your job. Can you be free roaming at times, or would you need to set for a few hours at a time without disruption?

The first 4-6 months of their life they pretty much lay on their back, shit and scream for tits.
But you run the risk of them vomiting randomly due to their digestive system not being at 100% quite yet.
Then they learn to roll over on their stomachs, which is a big no-no if you still have them swaddled and then eventually they'll start crawling.

I wouldn't bet on working full time at home with a infant.

A friend of ours did it, but she was more of a receptionist/billing role of a job. Not on the phone all 8 hours a day with some leeway.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Hope your wife doesn't have bad morning sickness. Going for #2 and she's bedridden, again. Like can't hold down water bad.

Might be a good way to limit the amount of kids lol.

To a point. My wife has been pregnant three times and between all of them she had almost every symptom in that book What to Expect When You're Expecting. It was probably within the last few years when she got over the thought of having another one. If I had mentioned wanting one more kid about 5 years ago I know she would have been all over it. It's part of the reason we both got fixed. To alleviate the chance of that one last kid.

CV355

_
Established Member
Depends on the infant. Some can sleep most of the day, and you just got to feed/change them often.
Others can be needy, wanting body warmth and not sleep as well.

Also depends on your job. Can you be free roaming at times, or would you need to set for a few hours at a time without disruption?

The first 4-6 months of their life they pretty much lay on their back, shit and scream for tits.
But you run the risk of them vomiting randomly due to their digestive system not being at 100% quite yet.
Then they learn to roll over on their stomachs, which is a big no-no if you still have them swaddled and then eventually they'll start crawling.

I wouldn't bet on working full time at home with a infant.

A friend of ours did it, but she was more of a receptionist/billing role of a job. Not on the phone all 8 hours a day with some leeway.

Hmm, sounds like more of a risk than reward... Dang. That was somewhat our plan if we're ever successful. Not sure what daycare costs are around here, and I know I won't be one of the lucky ones whose retired parents offer to do it. Plus if my mother offered, my wife would run for the hills, haha.

BigFatMatt

Ain't never gonna change
Established Member
Hmm, sounds like more of a risk than reward... Dang. That was somewhat our plan if we're ever successful. Not sure what daycare costs are around here, and I know I won't be one of the lucky ones whose retired parents offer to do it. Plus if my mother offered, my wife would run for the hills, haha.

We have a 17 month old baby daughter and my wife works from home editing scientific journal articles. My daughter has already changed my life and made me into a better man, and I can't imagine life without her. The sacrifices you might make seem significant before you have kids but once they arrive, everything changes and your entire mindset shifts. It sounds like a bad thing but honestly I have never been more fulfilled and happy with life.

My wife's work is very flexible, she works whenever she wants, wherever she wants as long as there is internet. Even still... she can't do work and watch our daughter at the same time except one day per week (Fridays).

My parents live in town and my mom comes over Monday - Thursday to watch our daughter. I'm lucky my wife is willing to put up with my mom. She definitely has days where she gets annoyed and ends up leaving home to work in her office, or going to a coffee shop and working there.

I said when we first got pregnant that daycare was NOT an option and my wife didn't understand at first... but I think she gets it now and feels the same way. It honestly breaks my heart thinking about anyone's kids having to go to daycare. My mom and dad made sacrifices so myself and my brother never saw the inside of a daycare and I think it helped us both get to where we are in life.

Zemedici

Established Member
^100%

The horror stories you hear out of daycare, accompanied with the EXORBITANT cost would make that a 'no go' for me and my old lady. We would have to make it work on one income, which would be a severe detriment to our lifestyle, which is not a move we're looking to make at the time.

@CV355 I just wouldn't want something to happen while I'm watching the young one, and working from home, so I would be 100% attentive. Young ones are mischevious, so they'll get into anything they can. As @Blk04L said, when they're newborn that's one thing, but once they're mobile that's another.

Keep in mind I'm some random asshole with no kids, but just my .02 :)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
IMO some daycare is a good thing. My wife wasn't working when both of our kids were born. So she was there when they were little. Around toddler age we put then into a Tiny Tots programs so they could get some social skills. We started our daughter later than our son in that regard and it showed. It might even be a long term thing as my son is more social than my daughter to this day. But it wasn't an all day thing for either of them. It was 4 hours max.

CV355

_
Established Member
^100%

The horror stories you hear out of daycare, accompanied with the EXORBITANT cost would make that a 'no go' for me and my old lady. We would have to make it work on one income, which would be a severe detriment to our lifestyle, which is not a move we're looking to make at the time.

@CV355 I just wouldn't want something to happen while I'm watching the young one, and working from home, so I would be 100% attentive. Young ones are mischevious, so they'll get into anything they can. As @Blk04L said, when they're newborn that's one thing, but once they're mobile that's another.

Keep in mind I'm some random asshole with no kids, but just my .02 :)

It's the newborn side I'm unsure of. My wife would get some time off, but beyond that it's up in the air. Something tells me she is going to want to stay home, and we can't afford to lose that much of our income at the moment. I figure a 10 month blitz will pay off just about anything except our mortgage, so that's my plan. We have far less debt than most people think based on our age.

If we can figure out a way to make it work while we both have jobs until we can afford 1 income, that's ideal. Otherwise, things will get interesting.

My lifestyle is hell. There's no advantage to it. We both work, work, work, and barely sleep. A shake-up and re-prioritization is welcome. I'd sell everything and live in a damn shed if it meant contentment in life (I've lived in worse, so it's not a bluff.. heh)

Zemedici

Established Member
It's the newborn side I'm unsure of. My wife would get some time off, but beyond that it's up in the air. Something tells me she is going to want to stay home, and we can't afford to lose that much of our income at the moment. I figure a 10 month blitz will pay off just about anything except our mortgage, so that's my plan. We have far less debt than most people think based on our age.

If we can figure out a way to make it work while we both have jobs until we can afford 1 income, that's ideal. Otherwise, things will get interesting.

My lifestyle is hell. There's no advantage to it. We both work, work, work, and barely sleep. A shake-up and re-prioritization is welcome. I'd sell everything and live in a damn shed if it meant contentment in life (I've lived in worse, so it's not a bluff.. heh)

Tanya and I discuss that often, leaving the 'rat race' and settling for the 'simple life' in Switzerland or the like. I work at a little moped shop, etc, and just live the simple / less expensive lifestyle.

Then my buddy puts a cam in his car and wears me out, and back to square one we go. lolol

jmsa540

Established Member
Wife's got baby fever. We both love/want kids and will hit a year of marriage in a few months. Both sets of future grandparents are approaching mid 60's, and both have a grand child (not ours). Also, we are in our late 20's. I'll be 30 next year. She's a very nurturing/loving woman and I am very comfortable with her being the mother of my kid(s). I just look at the cost of daycare/kids/all the things as car hobby crushers/stress inducers.

Asking SVTp Gods mostly for entertainment purposes. But I imagine someone in the bunch will provide sound advice.
Shouldnt you already be comfortable with her being the mother of your kids since shes already your wife?

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blown 89

Established Member
I haven't given up my hobbies, but I would if I had to.

My son >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any hobbies.

No regrets.
This.

Parenting is what you make of it. You can let children ruin your life or they can enhance it, it's up to you. I love being a father more than anything in this world...then again I'm someone that chooses to enjoy it as opposed to the parents I see at the park with their heads buried in their phones while their kids play.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
His Pull-Out game is strong.
thumb_precum-is-real-oh-shit-via-r-funny-https-ift-tt-2o0gsre-42582505.png

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm specifically looking for a girl 4-5 years younger than me solely for the fact that most women wants kids around 24-27. I don't want kids til at least 30. I'm 25 now.

How you planning on picking up chicks? Selling the Cobra....

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
This still going? Blah, blah, blah....did you knock her up yet or nawt?

His Pull-Out game is strong.

HAH

No. Second thoughts from us both. Especially after talking about simplifying things in LNC, makes sense to slow this decision down a bit. Fortunately she's younger than me by 2 years, so that gives us some cushion.

Thinking Mustang Week this year. Go to UGA vs FL in jackonsville. Maybe down to disney with my niece. Go to Cleetus and Cars.

Users who are viewing this thread