Back in a Sonic Blue... The Keeper!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm pretty excited to get this car together and on the road in the spring.

Looking for a few opinions on some of my last few parts....

I have this Maximum Motorsports K member and it requires a Oil filter relocation... Their kit is a little ridiculously priced at 300ish. Anyone else run something other than this kit?

Also, Should I do oil pump/gears now? I really don't want to remove the timing cover but I have everything off the front of the car now besides the cover.... Goals of 700+

94slowbra1

Established Member
In for answers about the oil filter relocation.
And yes, if you have everything off already you might as well do the OPGs. Refresh my memory, are you doing cams now too?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
No cams anytime soon. I think I may skip the cams all together on this one.

I haven't really decided. Itll probably be one of the things I do when i run out of other things to mod

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
Looking for a few opinions on some of my last few parts....

I have this Maximum Motorsports K member and it requires a Oil filter relocation... Their kit is a little ridiculously priced at 300ish. Anyone else run something other than this kit?

I had this K member on my car. Instead of relocating the oil filter, I just ran a smaller filter. The filter was a shade bigger then what my Honda Civic uses, never had any issues. I still have the filter box if you want the make and part number.

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Here you go again nate. Lol.

Hey I still have all that cobra stuff on shelf . Lmk . Sell for pennies on the dollar.
Oh and I gave in and got an insta now.
No follow back ? Shade from u lo

94slowbra1

Established Member
I had this K member on my car. Instead of relocating the oil filter, I just ran a smaller filter. The filter was a shade bigger then what my Honda Civic uses, never had any issues. I still have the filter box if you want the make and part number.
Please do. Like stated, having to run a relocation kit is a reason turning me off from their k. This would make it easier to convince me. Thanks

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I have almost the exact same mods list. I bit the bullet and put the oil relocation kit on and I'm actually glad I did, it makes changing the oil filter so damn easy now.

The car is going to be an animal when you're finished, you're going to be really happy with it.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member

Yes that would be awesome.. I wonder if any long term issues arise using a smaller filer. I'll have to do some research, but if I could get away from running the relocation kit I would be ecstatic.

Here you go again nate. Lol.

Hey I still have all that cobra stuff on shelf . Lmk . Sell for pennies on the dollar.
Oh and I gave in and got an insta now.
No follow back ? Shade from u lo
Dude, I haven't been back in your area since I messaged you months ago!! HAHA...I'll make a trip down to visit my brother and maybe I can swing by. I'd love to pick that stuff up!

What's your Instagram? I'll admit, I'm a little cobra racist... I usually only follow SB, MC and DSG cars LOL. Send me your name and I'll

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I have almost the exact same mods list. I bit the bullet and put the oil relocation kit on and I'm actually glad I did, it makes changing the oil filter so damn easy now.

The car is going to be an animal when you're finished, you're going to be really happy with it.
That's true. Changing oil would be a breeze... I just hate the mark up on stuff like that. I'm all and take pride in running the "best parts available" but the same kit on ebay is like 48 bucks LOL. I'm half tempted to buy one of those kits and give it a whirl.... Use the adaptors and get some quality line and fittings

What kind of power did you make? What mods? Any track times?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
That's true. Changing oil would be a breeze... I just hate the mark up on stuff like that. I'm all and take pride in running the "best parts available" but the same kit on ebay is like 48 bucks LOL. I'm half tempted to buy one of those kits and give it a whirl.... Use the adaptors and get some quality line and fittings

What kind of power did you make? What mods? Any track times?

literally the exact same mods you have except I'm running C16

On a slipping clutch it made 640 and ran 10.4@134. I put a brand new RXT and fly wheel and first pass was 10.1@137. From the mph and weight, calculations would have the hp at almost 700.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/whipple-2-9-track-passes.1180844/

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Thanks so much for commenting. Those numbers put a smile on my face for sure!!

I'm pretty worried about my rear end, its bone stock. I've had enough terminators to know that diff cover is going to explode.. I'm going to have to try to make time to at least get the changes and next winter plan on doing the FTBR kit.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
"NateDogg"
What size pully is that on your KB 2.6? I am looking for a 3.25, if your willing to sell your trade? i have a 3.5 and 3.75.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Once thing I've noticed right off the bat is.... It is SOOOOOOO nice working on something that hasn't been touched by someone else. All the stock nuts/bolts are there.. Nothing over torqued, or stripped. Everything is basically just like was from the factory besides the blower.. and I love it!!

My last two cobras had too many hands on them and it really showed!
This is the reason why I wanted a basically stock cobra. Then I can mod it how I want and not mess with someone else's hack job.

Nice looking car!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
"NateDogg"
What size pully is that on your KB 2.6? I am looking for a 3.25, if your willing to sell your trade? i have a 3.5 and 3.75.

Sorry that KB is long gone. I sold the pulleys with it.

This is the reason why I wanted a basically stock cobra. Then I can mod it how I want and not mess with someone else's hack job.

Nice looking car!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks man.. After wrenching on this one it makes me realize how much was wrong with my other ones. I can take my time, do everything right and not have to worry about any surprises.. Its a huge relief.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Aah damn thanks for the response, trying to avoid buying a new pulley for my KB, trying to get a used one, getting ready to do the switch to E85 and want to see how this blower will perform with a smaller pully. Currently running a donut (3.75 pully).

thanks and good luck with build.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Dropped off some parts for powder coat.

I'll be doing all black with polished accents for this car.

The only thing I decided against powder coating was the timing cover and the only reason I decided not to do it is because i dont want to risk leaks. Lol. I've had some bad luck in the past sealing up the timing cover.

Also plan to install the ARH headers/midpipe and get the MM kmember installed and squared this week. Any advice on squaring the Kmember?
9b362d6b960e96fe4cafe913651084e7.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
as for squaring the k-member, MM has some very detailed instructions on their website. its a pain in the ass and time consuming but should be done.
the black and polished should look great!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Yeah I read through the MM procedures and it was confusing the shit out of me lol.

Ill try to re-read and get it down...

Users who are viewing this thread