Back into a Cobra

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
So after trading in my '03 Termniator Vert for a '13 Boss 302, I found out that my wife was pregnant, which meant big bills (and hopefully joy) were on the way. As much as I loved my Boss, I barely drove it and had a hefty payment on it, so I sold it locally and decided to find a cheap weekend toy.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I pick up this '98 Cobra with 46k original miles. In decent shape, but needed a little work. I had a couple panels repainted, then had a full paint correction done on the remaining panels. Once the outside looked good, I had IMRC delete plates (IMRC were stuck closed when I bought it, bad module) put in, 4.56 gears, BBK o/r mid-pipe, Bassani mufflers welded in to replace the SLP lm1's, Pro 5.0 shifter (from Greg, thanks again!), and a tune put on. Needless to say, it was a big difference over stock with the IMRCs stuck closed.

Here is how the car sits now. Hoping to make some MACA meets this year.

cr8.jpg

cr6.jpg

cr9.jpg

cr2.jpg

cr7.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr1.jpg

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Yes they are the Raxiom tinted tails.

The 4.56 gears are awesome, but I think that would be my limit for a street car. With a 26" tall tire, I'm cruising at about 2800 @ 65mph.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Awesome ride! My firsts cobra was a 96. Was my favorite body style even until this day.

Users who are viewing this thread