Backup Camera

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Lockpick is cool, but it doesn't work. They even call out on that site that it will not enable backup camera capability in a system that wasn't already factory equipped with one.

Maybe they have updated since this post but it says flat out in the yellow section that it will enable cameras on vehicles not factory equipped

TRBO VNM

A camera would be nice in the mirror since I dont spring for the nav either.

Yeah...so the search might begin soon. I know my inlaws had it in the mirror as a factory option in one of their vehicles. I can't remember which vehicle and need to find out. If it was a Ford, then we might be able to just pick up that mirror and camera setup.

I am thinking about doing a remote start as well. I know, manual trans. But I have it on two vehicles now and it is so nice during the winter to have the car warmed up or even just allowing it during other months to warm up before getting in and taking off. It's never good to just start and go.

NEMES1S

Established Member
Yea I wouldn't mind a remote starter as well. I have had 4 of them on different cars. Would be nice.

TRBO VNM

Dealer wants $450 installed for remote start. includes parts. Checking another contact for cost of the ford parts because I have a guy that charges about $60 for install. I had the ford unit put on our edge by this guy and paid $160 total with parts. Paid $120 for the one on my hyundai installed including parts.

Already talked to SCT about getting computer code so I could tune as well. And have a local guy I am talking to about doing an upgraded intercooler and piping.

NEMES1S

Established Member
Dealer wants $450 installed for remote start. includes parts. Checking another contact for cost of the ford parts because I have a guy that charges about $60 for install. I had the ford unit put on our edge by this guy and paid $160 total with parts. Paid $120 for the one on my hyundai installed including parts.

Already talked to SCT about getting computer code so I could tune as well. And have a local guy I am talking to about doing an upgraded intercooler and piping.

Now that sounds nice!

TRBO VNM

Well, the 450 is a good deal. The remote start for the ST employee cost is $275. So 175 for labor is typical. They are probably charging 1.5hrs

2004Droptop

Established Member

Didn't think they would install a remote start in a manual? Liability reasons... means you have to park in neutral and disable the clutch safety switch?

TRBO VNM

Didn't think they would install a remote start in a manual? Liability reasons... means you have to park in neutral and disable the clutch safety switch?

Not sure about them not installing it. Maybe they are doing me a favor because of some people I know or something? I just asked my buddy that is the salesman and he spoke to their department about install. I have no problem leaving it in neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread