Backyard Patio setups....Lets see them.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I just poured a 20x43 exposed aggregate patio and wanting to build a Pergola over a future Hotub area with a sun screen, I'm also going to build a stone knee wall and make a firepit within the wall.

So just interested in seeing what others have done with their patios, pergolas and landscaping.

Here's my project:

jakespreschoolgrad032.jpg

jakespreschoolgrad033.jpg

jakespreschoolgrad034.jpg

Last edited:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
i always wanted a nice patio, but the way my house is built both ac units are in the back and so its the septic tank.

You're setup perfect for one.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Looking forward to more pics, hopefully I'll get some inspiration! We have a HUGE blank slate to work with, and two years of drought are not helping :( Makes me sad to look at these photos, since all this new sod is now dead, along with most of the trees.

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Kat...love the red brick. house i'm getting is brick as well but faded a it, have to get that stuff to darken it, you have huge backyard....better get crackin on building it....

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Looking forward to more pics, hopefully I'll get some inspiration! We have a HUGE blank slate to work with, and two years of drought are not helping :( Makes me sad to look at these photos, since all this new sod is now dead, along with most of the trees.

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

Same here. We have a huge backyard and trying to decide what to do with it. Currently we are thinking of building a deck and putting in a large pool with a waterfall.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Our property is in the shape of a triangle....pool is at the very back about 100 yards from the house ( as you can tell )

ZF03ZGN2ZwZkAF0kZl0kZl0g.jpg

pretty basic set up, sometime when I have money i'll spruce it up a bit, but for now it's perfect for our needs. The pool house has power, a fridge a celing fan and enough room for a full size table for late night card/drinking games.

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Our property is in the shape of a triangle....pool is at the very back about 100 yards from the house ( as you can tell )

ZF03ZGN2ZwZkAF0kZl0kZl0g.jpg

pretty basic set up, sometime when I have money i'll spruce it up a bit, but for now it's perfect for our needs. The pool house has power, a fridge a celing fan and enough room for a full size table for late night card/drinking games.

Do want! Very nice!

One of the reasons we bought our property was the size of the backyard, at around .75 acres, which was heavily wooded when we moved in. Sadly, it's still pretty heavily wooded, and the areas I've managed to clear over the last 12 years are growing back in. I just don't have the budget for anything elaborate right now. I'm really not digging the idea of grass however. Adding that much cut area would be a weekend killer. Of course, perhaps my wife would let me get a killer new lawnmower... Hmmm.

Disintegr8or

Established Member
Here is a picture of the pergola I built from a few years ago. The pool area is a work in progress. It is a lot more grown in today. I am finishing up the Tiki hut for the grill and smoker right now.

pergola01.gif

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Kat...love the red brick. house i'm getting is brick as well but faded a it, have to get that stuff to darken it, you have huge backyard....better get crackin on building it....

Thanks! The color is called "Old Boston." It's the only red brick house on the street; everything else is pink or brown. Hope our color choice doesn't screw us on resale, but I always wanted a red brick house! Our lot was the biggest in the subdivision; just over 1/3 acre IIRC, which isn't too bad for a Houston subdivision. Cul-de-sac FTW! Also, behind the left fence on the last pic is a water feature pond w/ fountain, so we get to enjoy the sound of running water without the maintenance :thumbsup:

Same here. We have a huge backyard and trying to decide what to do with it. Currently we are thinking of building a deck and putting in a large pool with a waterfall.

I wish we could do a pool, but we're not sure we'll be in this house long enough to get any return on it. We're hoping to upgrade in the next 3-5 yrs to a house on an acre or two where we can build a shop. We do plan on doing a garden shed/pergola, and more trees, but if this no rain crap keeps up like it has been I don't see much more landscaping going in.

Last edited:

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
This is great! Just bought our first home in mid April with nice landscaping and it seems previous owners had concrete poured in the backyard to really extend the patio area. With time, looking into a new gril, patio furniture, pergola and look into some landscape lighting.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Thanks! The color is called "Old Boston." It's the only red brick house on the street; everything else is pink or brown. Hope our color choice doesn't screw us on resale, but I always wanted a red brick house! Our lot was the biggest in the subdivision; just over 1/3 acre IIRC, which isn't too bad for a Houston subdivision. Cul-de-sac FTW! Also, behind the left fence on the last pic is a water feature pond w/ fountain, so we get to enjoy the sound of running water without the maintenance :thumbsup:

I wish we could do a pool, but we're not sure we'll be in this house long enough to get any return on it. We're hoping to upgrade in the next 3-5 yrs to a house on an acre or two where we can build a shop. We do plan on doing a garden shed/pergola, and more trees, but if this no rain crap keeps up like it has been I don't see much more landscaping going in.

Old Boston, now I know....did you get someone to do the brick or was house built that way? just wondering because i know you can buy some material and add it to the brick or you chose it while it was built in other words. our next door neighbor has it red as well but like red red.... :dw:
they didn't do white between the brick so it looks funky all one color. i looked at a house in a cul de sac, was perfect except no garage :nonono:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Old Boston, now I know....did you get someone to do the brick or was house built that way? just wondering because i know you can buy some material and add it to the brick or you chose it while it was built in other words. our next door neighbor has it red as well but like red red.... :dw:
they didn't do white between the brick so it looks funky all one color. i looked at a house in a cul de sac, was perfect except no garage :nonono:

We built this house, so we picked everything - lot, floor plan, brick, tile, paint, etc.

Best part about it...plenty of parking!

IMG_2412.jpg

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Our current back yard is pretty small so I didn't have room for a big slab but we just had a 14x16 stamped/colored patio done in a granite pattern. We were going to do an attached pergola but my wife saw this gazebo at Lowe's and wanted it. It's actually very nice considering how cheap it is. It's about 13 ft tall in the center so I'm going to hang a ceiling fan in it which is almost a must in Texas.

Outside of that, most of our grass had died over the past 2 years due to drought and the only thing that came back this year were the weeds, lol. I'll probably wait until we put our house on the market to get new sod put in. I also know now not to buy a house without a sprinkler system.

Shop allen + roth 10-ft L x 12-ft W Beige Gazebo at Lowes.com

Last edited:

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
I just bought a house and moved in about a month ago. It's a nice 2 story, 1700 sq feet, 7 years old, with a pretty decent size yard. Anyone have anymore landscaping/patio photos? Or know of any websites that show some good ideas - flowers/shrubs/patio/deck/etc. Not really looking at the million dollar mansion type stuff. lol

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Very nice homes and backyards in this thread for sure.:beer:

My better half and I have lived in our home for some 25 years or so.
I don't know if it's due to being an "old fart", but I truly enjoy my lawn and yard duties. Lol.

Here are a few pics ...

by1.jpg

by2.jpg

by3.jpg

newsig-svt.jpg

.................................Click here for modification details.................................

Users who are viewing this thread