bad ass space stuff

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Seen that before a couple years ago, still doesn't put things into perspective how massively huge the universe is.

I can absolutely guarantee there is life out there someone else, but no one alive today will ever be able to prove it There just too much space and too many other planets just like this one to not have life on it.

Rct851

Established Member
Seen that before a couple years ago, still doesn't put things into perspective how massively huge the universe is.

I can absolutely guarantee there is life out there someone else, but no one alive today will ever be able to prove it There just too much space and too many other planets just like this one to not have life on it.
we might get our proof. But in the way of us being the discovered aliens

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This old video goes great with that article.

[video=youtube;mcBV-cXVWFw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw[/video]

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
we might get our proof. But in the way of us being the discovered aliens

I believe Hawking spoke of this one time and his conclusion was if they were advanced enough to detect and communicate with us it wouldn't go well for us. We would have little to offer but our resources. Think Native American...

I love astronomy to bad all the main stream media stuff is very basic and repetitive. I hear "we all made of star stuff" one more time that person will be broken down to their simpler elements.

I always thought the 2MASS survey was impressive even though the percentage map is so tiny it's still mind boggling.
Edit: Forgot the link
https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~dfabricant/huchra/2mass/

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
When I think of the size of the universe, and the unfathomable number of intelligent lifeforms that must be out there, and the chances that a small percentage of them have discovered FTL travel that allows them to span the universe, I always wonder why they only talk to some drunken redneck fishing in Kentucky at midnight.

TorchMach

Established Member
Stuff like this makes me really relax...because all the problems one might be having, really shows ain't sh*t . We're all only here for a slip of time. Might as well enjoy it.

Prototype007

Established Member
When I think of the size of the universe, and the unfathomable number of intelligent lifeforms that must be out there, and the chances that a small percentage of them have discovered FTL travel that allows them to span the universe, I always wonder why they only talk to some drunken redneck fishing in Kentucky at midnight.

They probably learned it from you all and those damn Buckeye's that invades our lakes every year and does the same.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
That's a very cool illustration of how really massive a star can be. Incredible. The Hubble shot is a classic. There is a great computer simulation online of a 3D map of all the local galaxies and their relationship to their local groups and super clusters. Using detailed data gathered over many years they've mapped how all these structures are moving relative to each other using red and blue shift pathing. The Great Attractor plays a major role. Kind of sews this altogether in an ultimate You Are Here map in 3D.

What's most incredible is to realize that humanity has evolved to able to grasp and accurately measure and map such phenomena at such great distances when not too long ago we were still riding horses. Then, of course, there's CERN...looking in the opposite direction.

Now just think...you are standing on the surface of a tiny little orb floating in all that space and a realize there is relatively little between the top of your head and a celestial body that used to be possibly a billion lights years away. I wonder what's there now? Closer objects are basically still there. Look down...then look up. Your head is at the highest point on the surface of a planet.

Last edited:

10splaya22

Established Member
Its mind blowing how big the universe is. It hurts my head to think about it so I stop and think about cars after haha.

Users who are viewing this thread