Baer extreme calipers

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
15 percent off beefcake racing... Today

Well I finally pulled the trigger
Baer 14 inch extremes the 6s caliper in nickle with slotted rotors

It's about time as the brakes was one of the last things left to do other than cosmetic things on my car. (Stock brakes where powder coated, hawk pads, drilled and slotted rotors and ss line from MM) they just can't handle the 700 plus rwhp I have now after the swap to e85.

Will look killer behind my new wheels I got last year and keeping fingers crossed they don't fade and grab better than the upgraded stock brakes. I have plenty of tire toyo 265/30r19 r888r up front to handle the new brakes.

I really wanted the brembos 14 inch 4 piston kit but they didn't fit both sets of wheels I plan to run. Also the kenny brown edition brakes were in the running but they also didn't fit both sets of wheels and were 800 bucks more.

I will eventually upgrade the rears with something custom I bet as their isn't many rear options available
Screenshot_20201224-124833_Dropbox.jpeg
IMG_20200330_141121.jpeg
IMG_20200330_125218.jpeg

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Very nice. I also took advantage of the Baer 15% off and purchased the Baer 6S extreme kit but upgraded to the XTR calipers with bolt in bridge. That way I never have to pull the caliper to change the brake pads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, those 2-piece wheels are killer! Nice choice on the Baer brake kit. I definitely want to hear how you like them compared to what you know have on your Cobra.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I wanted the xtr as well but it wasn't worth the extra money I felt... for me.
I'll spend the money on a rear brakes set up I felt.

I kinda want to make a baer T4 set up with a wilwood electronic parking brake. Got to find a way to make a bracket tho or find someone willing to do it.

Or keep the rear brakes but have them polished and nickle finished and add a floating 2 peice rotor
Very nice. I also took advantage of the Baer 15% off and purchased the Baer 6S extreme kit but upgraded to the XTR calipers with bolt in bridge. That way I never have to pull the caliper to change the brake pads.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I'll report back for sure.

I kinda want to do a little test before swapping them out. To see how much is gained by the upgrade.

I say this cause many people have told me the stock brakes are enough if adequately upgraded. And over time going from 600rwhp to 700 plus rwhp I noticed the brakes struggle alot more
Wow, those 2-piece wheels are killer! Nice choice on the Baer brake kit. I definitely want to hear how you like them compared to what you know have on your Cobra.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! Surprisingly how big of a canoe for such a small pad. But you will enjoy the performance from your higher speed stops, and they look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
Very nice.

A cheap rear upgrade for a caliper is 93-97 Taurus. They bolt right up, stock rotor, pad ect but have a larger 43mm piston over the stock 38mm(going off memory here).

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Thank you I like the combo as well. Hoping to get to enjoy the cobra this summer without any mechanical issues. Lol
Yes but the combination of both really finishes it! Great upgrades on a beautiful Cobra.
Congrats!
-J

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Yeah I saw them online somewhere and said they would look great on my cobra.
I think they do. Great company brixton forged
I love big brakes but those wheels are some of the best I've ever seen on a cobra and grab me far more than the calipers!

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow those turned out NICE! Love the wheels too, that will turn some heads

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread