Bama 4-Bank Eliminator Chip with 2 Custom Tunes

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Experience dealing directly with sct? No. But I used an sct flip chip w/cable through the glove box in my '94 back in the day because it was the most practical way to switch to my nitrous tune on the fly. What do you want to know?

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Experience dealing directly with sct? No. But I used an sct flip chip w/cable through the glove box in my '94 back in the day because it was the most practical way to switch to my nitrous tune on the fly. What do you want to know?
oh ok nice, well I have reached out to them to find out more info on the eliminator chip but they never got back to me, i was curious how they provide 2 tunes for it as it states in the ad?

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
oh ok nice, well I have reached out to them to find out more info on the eliminator chip but they never got back to me, i was curious how they provide 2 tunes for it as it states in the add?
Well, given the current climate, it doesn't really surprise me to hear you're having trouble getting in touch with them. I think they were one of the ones who got the hell fined out of them by the gubmint.

The way the multi tunes were done back when I had one, the chip was inserted into the ecu and had a cable attached to it that was a couple feet long. The cable had a tiny selector switch on the other end that was numbered 1-9 or something like that. #1 was my n/a tune, #2 was my juice tune. I could reach in the glove box at anytime and switch tunes. No need to turn the car off and flash it.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Well, given the current climate, it doesn't really surprise me to hear you're having trouble getting in touch with them. I think they were one of the ones who got the hell fined out of them by the gubmint.

The way the multi tunes were done back when I had one, the chip was inserted into the ecu and had a cable attached to it that was a couple feet long. The cable had a tiny selector switch on the other end that was numbered 1-9 or something like that. #1 was my n/a tune, #2 was my juice tune. I could reach in the glove box at anytime and switch tunes. No need to turn the car off and flash it.
True that, and being from California im sure doesnt help. Oh ok thats pretty sweet. So do they send the tunes email like in some sort of zip file?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
True that, and being from California im sure doesnt help. Oh ok thats pretty sweet. So do they send the tunes email like in some sort of zip file?
Definitely wouldn't help being from there...

My tunes were done custom on a dyno. I'm a firm believer that tunes need to either be written on a dyno, or on the street with the tuner, himself, present in the car. This back and forth business through emails with someone across the country isn't for me. For a number of reasons. If you're in Calif you might look into aed. Supposedly he's the guy out there.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Definitely wouldn't help being from there...

My tunes were done custom on a dyno. I'm a firm believer that tunes need to either be written on a dyno, or on the street with the tuner, himself, present in the car. This back and forth business through emails with someone across the country isn't for me. For a number of reasons. If you're in Calif you might look into aed. Supposedly he's the guy out there.
thanks man i appreciate your time and advice.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I'm still running a chip, not many do anymore haha. I have a Moates 8 bank filled with different e85 levels and a pump 93 tune with the selector knob mounted in my glovebox. Tuner used QuarterHorse to program with Binary Editor. I'll be going to a new tuner later this year so probably will switch back to programmer flash-style.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm still running a chip, not many do anymore haha. I have a Moates 8 bank filled with different e85 levels and a pump 93 tune with the selector knob mounted in my glovebox. Tuner used QuarterHorse to program with Binary Editor. I'll be going to a new tuner later this year so probably will switch back to programmer flash-style.
You might want to compare the cost of doing all that with going stand alone. Your set up is pretty stout. The extras might be useful for you.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
You might want to compare the cost of doing all that with going stand alone. Your set up is pretty stout. The extras might be useful for you.
I have definitely thought about that, but for resale reasons I want to keep the car T56/IRS/EECV. I know when I used to shop around for higher hp street builds I balked when one of those 3 were changed.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have definitely thought about that, but for resale reasons I want to keep the car T56/IRS/EECV. I know when I used to shop around for higher hp street builds I balked when one of those 3 were changed.
You can always do the plug and play set up in case that day comes. My stock ECU is in a box with the eaton. Just in case.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
GREAT INFO thank you i have actually looked into MOATES as well, i actually have a dyno tune for my car that was done with SCT, long story short itd be nice if i could somehow convert it to whatever file it need be to run on a MOATES system.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
GREAT INFO thank you i have actually looked into MOATES as well, i actually have a dyno tune for my car that was done with SCT, long story short itd be nice if i could somehow convert it to whatever file it need be to run on a MOATES system.
Reach out to decipha. He can get you set up.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
I never got a PM.

But yeah its no biggie to read it out and convert the file over if strat swapping.
Reach out to decipha. He can get you set up.

Just want to say thanks to the both of you, i have my car set up as i like now with the help of both of yall, with the Moates Quarter horse setup.

Users who are viewing this thread