Bama can tune too rich?

bleedout

Established Member
Hey all, I haven't been on here in a while since selling my 2004 Cobra, however I just picked up an 03' Mach 1. My question for you is, the car has a couple bolt ons, off road X, cat back, Bama can tune, frpp 4.10s, and mgw short throw. Now if I'm driving the car and I stop at a light or in traffic I notice the exhaust fumes get overwhelming, bad as in headache bad. Now I'm not jumping to conclusions but I think maybe the Bama can tune is very rich to keep it safe? I know it has an off road X pipe with no cats, however I've had the same exhaust on my old 2005 GT and my 02' GT and it never was close to this bad. Not to where sitting for 45 seconds and my clothes smell like someone just rolled coal on me lol. I plan on getting the mach dyno tuned here asap but have you all ever experienced this? Maybe had similar can tunes? Or am I losing it and maybe it's the off road x? Ideas? Thanks guys

bleedout

Established Member
Ok, that's what I figured. This is my first can tuned car, I've always done dyno tunes on my other cars. Looks like I'll be scheduling a dyno session asap lol. These exhaust fumes are pissing me off, I'm sure the Bama guys have to keep them rich so they are safe but damn. That's dumping the fuel.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey all, I haven't been on here in a while since selling my 2004 Cobra, however I just picked up an 03' Mach 1. My question for you is, the car has a couple bolt ons, off road X, cat back, Bama can tune, frpp 4.10s, and mgw short throw. Now if I'm driving the car and I stop at a light or in traffic I notice the exhaust fumes get overwhelming, bad as in headache bad. Now I'm not jumping to conclusions but I think maybe the Bama can tune is very rich to keep it safe? I know it has an off road X pipe with no cats, however I've had the same exhaust on my old 2005 GT and my 02' GT and it never was close to this bad. Not to where sitting for 45 seconds and my clothes smell like someone just rolled coal on me lol. I plan on getting the mach dyno tuned here asap but have you all ever experienced this? Maybe had similar can tunes? Or am I losing it and maybe it's the off road x? Ideas? Thanks guys

Hey Bleed - I know we all know that with an O/R mid it's going to be a little "gassy" but this sounds excessive.

Being that the car was picked up second hand I'm concerned that it hasn't been logged or re-tuned in some time unless the previous owner had done so but the last thing I want is you smelling like someone in a 7.3 PowerStroke buzzed the tower while you're walking around.

Shoot them a holler and they'll be able get your 4V set up.

Alex

AMWill

Hey man!

Looks like Alex got you all hooked up before I got in here but if you ever need anything, let him or myself know!

-Will

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
Off road pipes smell. Especially if you have an exhaust leak under the car.

Unless the tune is uberly screwed, it should correct itself at cruise and idle to be at stoich. You can datalog the short term fuel trims to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread