Banged up my Boss

Fat Boss

Established Member
All was well at Spring Mtn until about the second to the last lap.

ShelbyBash2013012_zps15756a58.jpg

It's not horrible, but still I really hate to see it looking like this.

ShelbyBash2013013_zpsaba60493.jpg

cclark

Established Member
Holy crap man, more importantly are you okay? Sorry to hear (and see) about your car, it can be fixed or replaced tho. Hope your okay man. What happened on the second to last lap?

Fat Boss

Established Member
I came out of the corner that leads to the start/finish straight when it fishtailed several times before I, out of fear for our lives, backed out of the throttle. The ass came around and the only trick left in the bag at that point was brakes so I hit them. The turn is right about where the street sweeper is in this pic I took. You can see where I went off into the tire wall.

My passenger and I were fine. It's nice to hit tire wall backwards. They suck up a lot of energy.

ShelbyBash2013019_zps1893e455.jpg

ShelbyBash2013009_zpsddb403b9.jpg

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Kudos to you for running that car the way it was intended. Sorry it happened, but glad you are OK!! Best of luck getting her back up and going again soon!

Fat Boss

Established Member
Kudos to you for running that car the way it was intended. Sorry it happened, but glad you are OK!! Best of luck getting her back up and going again soon!

Thanks! It was performing great. A couple of people said I was the best driver not working for Shelby! The "P" springs, CC plates, BMR boxed LCA's with relocation brackets along with the 285 Hankook R-S3's all around made it a beast on the track.

Here's some crappy video from my iTurd. The Shelby Focus is featured here as well. No video exists of the crash.

Shelby Bash 2013 008 - YouTube

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
damn! :eek:

this is what scares me about taking mine to the track! did you have track day insurance....?

i have those same tires on my svt contour. theyre sticky as hell. make my NT05s seem like plastic lol.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Thanks! It was performing great. A couple of people said I was the best driver not working for Shelby! The "P" springs, CC plates, BMR boxed LCA's with relocation brackets along with the 285 Hankook R-S3's all around made it a beast on the track.

Here's some crappy video from my iTurd. The Shelby Focus is featured here as well. No video exists of the crash.

Shelby Bash 2013 008 - YouTube

AWESOME. The Boss sounds great too!!

Shhhh

Established Member
Its all good man. Happens to the best of us. Glad to see you're in good spirits :beer:

Jroc

Established Member
I'm assuming insurance will not cover this???

He said he has track insurance.

Good that you OP for get track insurance, but sucks about your nice Boss. When I wrecked my Terminator at the track my insurance company basically gave me a big fat FU and quickly dropped me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread