Baseline dyno done

Kenneth

Established Member
Dropped the car at local tuning shop in Houma, La. "Tuned by Norm" to have cams, injectors and dyno tune.

On a Mustang Dyno, he baselined the car as it was brought to him with mods is sig.
came up to 605 rwhp, I didn't ask about torque.

Really interested to see gains picked up after car is complete.
I'm adding BPS NSR cams and FIC 1000's along with Dyno tune.

I'll update after car is complete.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Happened to get a dyno sheet? Off hand could you post your mods. Nothing is listed

Kenneth

Established Member
VMP Gen2 TVS,2.4pulley,JLT127mm,14'injectors,VMP 67mm throttle body,Dynatech longtube, O/R H-pipe,BOB's catch can,170* thermostat,Revan racing dual pass heat exchanger,MH racing "TANK" dynamax resonators VMP boost-a-pump, VMP tuned.

I didn't get a dyno for the baseline, I'll get both when I pick up the car.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I agree those numbers given the mods do seem low even for a Mustang Dyno. FYI...you can request a graph + column printout of your last dyno pull which often has more info with AFR/PSI Boost than the bar graph. But all that is about to change lol! Good Luck with the mods.

Islandcat

Established Member
VMP Gen2 TVS,2.4pulley,JLT127mm,14'injectors,VMP 67mm throttle body,Dynatech longtube, O/R H-pipe,BOB's catch can,170* thermostat,Revan racing dual pass heat exchanger,MH racing "TANK" dynamax resonators VMP boost-a-pump, VMP tuned.

I didn't get a dyno for the baseline, I'll get both when I pick up the car.

Kenneth,

I am the guy with the black gt500 in larose. Anyway your car build is close to identical to mine. Main difference is I have a trinity TVs and kooks long tube. Anyway I dynoed 645 on 93 on a warm (75) January day 2.5 years ago at mitch’s Place. Anyway I am intrigued and can’t wait to see your numbers. I think you will definitely be over 700 if weather and IAt2 temps cooperate with you.

Kenneth

Established Member
I believe Mitch has a different dyno since than.
I ran the car about 3 years ago when he had a dyno day ended up winning highest HP award with the car making 684 hp and only thing I changed since then was FRPP 65 mm throttle body to VMP67 mm throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Islandcat

Established Member
I was off on my timeline. January 2017 I dynoed current setup. Looking at the graph right now it was 645 hp and 676 tq on 93 and 665 hp and 693 tq on torco 100 tune on the mustang Dyno. I think if he gets your car cooled down you gonna be pleasantly surprised and get to 700 on 93. But it’s so freaking hot lately so it might not be feasible. Should be a good 675 though I would think regardless of heat.

Kenneth

Established Member
It should be finished this week or beginning of next week.
I actually had Mitch order a set of oil pump gears to add while the car is apart.

decipha

Established Member
I've heard nothing but good from Mitch's place. I'm sure he will get you situated.

For what its worth I have a mustang dyno as well and vehicles from his dyno lay down the same #s here too.

decipha

Established Member
no need just add 15% to the numbers lol

I only kid. As long as the dyno jet is calibrated correctly the numbers will match.

Kenneth

Established Member
Having the car tuned with 93 octane with 16 oz. Boostane Professional.
According to Boostane it is 100 octane.

With work now days I only drive the car 2500-3000 miles a year.

Kenneth

Established Member
Well
Picked up the car yesterday after mods were installed.
It didn’t work out as planned for getting a dyno reading of before and after being the dyno broke at the beginning of the week.
Shop is in the process of moving to a new location and has a new dyno that will be installed at the new shop.
So with-in the next 3 weeks I have it scheduled to go do a power pull to see what kind of power the car is making.
Plus side the car never stops pulling with the BPS cams.
Tuned by Norm did a great job with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread