CaliGT500524

Established Member
Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading my exhaust mildly. As of now I just want sound quality and I'm not quite there yet to start with headers and such. I am interested in a deeper sound with some volume bump BUT not much much louder than stock. Things like the Roush exhaust, Flowmaster Outlaw, SLP Loudmouth, etc are going to be too loud for me personally.

Recently I've been looking at the Bassani Axle Back mufflers for my 2010 GT500. They seem moderately loud without being too much and for what its worth (probably not much) they seem to have the sound I want based on videos I've seen.

Is anyone running these axle backs? If so, I am looking for your experience with them and for all others, if you are in the same boat that I am, I am open to suggestions for axle backs. Thanks!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading my exhaust mildly. As of now I just want sound quality and I'm not quite there yet to start with headers and such. I am interested in a deeper sound with some volume bump BUT not much much louder than stock. Things like the Roush exhaust, Flowmaster Outlaw, SLP Loudmouth, etc are going to be too loud for me personally.

Recently I've been looking at the Bassani Axle Back mufflers for my 2010 GT500. They seem moderately loud without being too much and for what its worth (probably not much) they seem to have the sound I want based on videos I've seen.

Is anyone running these axle backs? If so, I am looking for your experience with them and for all others, if you are in the same boat that I am, I am open to suggestions for axle backs. Thanks!
I've heard them a few times. Nasty and raspy.

Suggest Borla S-type. Quiet and no drone at cruise. Throaty at wot.

They no longer make Borla Touring /SVT-1

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Take VNMOUS1's suggestion....You can't go wrong with Borla, these are the mid level volume axle back (S-Type) specifically made for a 2010 GT500 made by Borla for Steeda...
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-gt500-mustang-axle-back-exhaust-040-130181.html
Steeda is also a forum sponser on this site & will give you an additional discount code to use as well! It'll get them down to about $ 450.00 out the door which is great price for a band new set of Borla's!
https://svtperformance.com/forums/t...asts-forum-coupon-code-now-available.1026368/

I changed out my OEM axle back for Borla Touring and hardly noticed any difference at all. I've now added an off road H pipe and it sounds good, but a still a touch quite at part throttle for my liking.

gr850

Established Member
Borla S-type on my 2012. No drone, nice rumble inside. Stand behind it at WOT on a dyno and wow. Borla does a great job of sending sound out the back and not inside

DaFreak

Established Member
Running a crazy setup here, MRT O/R H, Roush O/R axle overs (w/resonators) & borla touring muffs. It's not much above normal at idle/cruising, but when you get on it, it sounds like a pissed off dragon. I was super impressed with the sound just minutes ago. With that being said, I'm still tempted to take bj's advice and go for the more decibel and throaty borla s'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread