Bassani Mid Length Header and Bassani X Pipe too short?

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
It was in fact the catback. The tubes were well hidden behind the flanges. A little penetrating oil and they free’d right up

4BB08B6D-D930-4CFE-900B-FDEEC7890189.jpeg
3F4090AC-7DC2-4125-9617-735171022008.jpeg

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
BTW I have that same setup on my car, it's loud!

Have any YouTube vides or sound clips by chance? I had some Pacesetter LT's with matching X pipe on it before and it was super quiet. Like too quiet. I had stock manifolds and an H pipe on it before that and it was much louder but not super loud. You sure you have the S Type and not the Ataks? I believe the Ataks are much louder.

robvas

Established Member
Have any YouTube vides or sound clips by chance? I had some Pacesetter LT's with matching X pipe on it before and it was super quiet. Like too quiet. I had stock manifolds and an H pipe on it before that and it was much louder but not super loud. You sure you have the S Type and not the Ataks? I believe the Ataks are much louder.

Yes, the s types are what I have. This clip doesn't really show it. It has a nasty blappppp at low rpm's with high throttle, I might put cats on it, not sure.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Yes, the s types are what I have. This clip doesn't really show it. It has a nasty blappppp at low rpm's with high throttle, I might put cats on it, not sure.

My stock manifolds, o/r x, and borla stinger catback is loud as hell. I've also thought about putting some cats on it. I now have LTs and o/r x....we will see how it changes the tone and volume.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member

I think those tips are part of the issue with that catback also. My catback is a 99-04 catback. I had those tips on the car initially and it sounded super trucky. And it looked really stupid on my car as the rear bumper exposes the full tailpipe on my car unlike the 99-04 rear bumper. I had the tips removed and had some 3”, 20” length vibrant tailpipes welded on. It’s so much better now and the truckiness is gone. But that was on the stock motor. It’s quite a bit different now so looking forward to hear how it sounds with the C heads and intake.

BE66ABF3-BF62-412B-BD99-9EF7ED8108A9.jpeg

robvas

Established Member
I think those tips are part of the issue with that catback also. My catback is a 99-04 catback. I had those tips on the car initially and it sounded super trucky. And it looked really stupid on my car as the rear bumper exposes the full tailpipe on my car unlike the 99-04 rear bumper. I had the tips removed and had some 3”, 20” length vibrant tailpipes welded on. It’s so much better now and the truckiness is gone. But that was on the stock motor. It’s quite a bit different now so looking forward to hear how it sounds with the C heads and intake.

View attachment 1777496

Do those have resonators or something inside them? On my 97 Cobra I had the Magnaflow tips that look a lot like those and it sounded the same way

Users who are viewing this thread