battery issue

antiv6

Established Member
I dont drive my car a whole lot (sometimes once a week) and lately the battery has been dead when i go to start it after not driving it for like a week. Its done it like 5 times. But when i charge it and drive to advanced to get it checked it passes and my alternator passes(it should it has 2k miles on it). I was wondering if i really do need a battery or something else?

antiv6

Established Member
i think the alts fine because when i do drive it like every day this never happens but when it sits for a few days it wont start until i plug the charger into it for a while

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i would just hop in and start her up for a min, every other day or something... until you figure out what the actual issue is, and get it fixed.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
i think the alts fine because when i do drive it like every day this never happens but when it sits for a few days it wont start until i plug the charger into it for a while

BatteryMinder / BatteryTender!

Puts the battery on a trickle charge and also "restores" battery life. Costs around $60 or so, shipped.

About 2 months ago I had to put a new battery in the wife's rig and decided to check voltage on mine. It was LOW, and the little indicator was showing a red ball (after I refilled it with enough distilled water to show the floats!).

I put mine on the BatteryMinder every night for the first 2 weeks, and now I only do it on the weekends.

Checked my float ball the other night and it is now showing a Yellow ball! So the "restores battery life" crap must have some truth to it...

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread