Battery not holding charge

Ceanes

Established Member
A few weeks ago my stock battery took a crap, so I bought another one. A few days ago tried to start my car...all I got was this clicking sound(dead Battery) so I took a battery out of my brothers mustang and started right up. Checked it with a multimeter running and got 14.4 and that is about right, with the car off got 12.4 pretty good. Came back in the morning and it read 11.7, so something must be draining my battery cannot find anything wrong, so my question is if I take it to a ford dealer(my dad works at one) will it be any problem if I have a custom tune on it. I wont be as far as being modded but as far as testing purposes go I dont know. Im sure it has some sort of draw. There isnt any way it could be tha alternator even though It showing 14.4 is is? Any help would be great as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Chuck Eanes

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Ceanes said:
with the car off got 12.4 pretty good. Came back in the morning and it read 11.7, so something must be draining my battery cannot find anything wrong

If the battery was fully charged, it should read 13.0-13.1 v. Sounds like you have something drawing on the battery.

Ceanes

Established Member
Well even still it should not be steady going down. If I take it to a dealer is this something they could fix with a custom tune on my car???

Thanks

Ceanes

Established Member
Is it normal for a battery to go down overnight like .4 volts? Dont think so just checking. Going to take it to the dealer and let them find the draw(hopefully)

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread