Bear 96-04 Mustang Extreme big brake kit

Jon01

Established Member
Send me updated pics. I'm still in the hunt but man they looked like shit in the earlier pics.
Do you have measurements on the rotors - are they within spec?

jamescb77

Established Member
the pics are on my phone which is crushed to hell. I am suppose to have a new screen tomorrow so i will do my best to get some pics of them up. I will email those that i have emails for because im not to sure on how to post pics on the site.

Jon01

Established Member
3rd request for updated pics.
Do you have measurements on the rotors - are they within spec with the corrosion removed?

jamescb77

Established Member
I just sent you pics of the calipers once i cleaned them jon. The rotors shoudl be within spec the don't have any lips worn into them or anything like that. I don't have a set of calipers to spec them however. The rotors are 14" in diameter also.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
$1000 is an awesome price for these, they are wonderful brakes and I would toss them too before letting them go for $600, that was just rude trash talk.

Best of luck on the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescb77

Established Member
Thank you Neo. I realize people.on this forum.are much more picky than a lot.of.other people. Nature of having these types of cars. However for this price and quality of these brakes this is a.great deal. I hope these find a new home.soon as I just don't need them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I just want to address a few things. These brakes are dirty. They are used. They have been sitting for a few months. The need a good cleaning but the are in mechanically perfect shape and with a good cleaning would look very nice as well. I put a tape on the rotor this morning and it is 14" diameter. I am going to try to clean these up this weekend but only having 1 day off doesn't leave a lot of time and i have some other priorities that i need to get to first.

In the OP you stated that these were: Baer 96-04 Mustang Extreme Big Brake Kit (Front)

Then you stated that they were "big 13" rotors"
Then you state that you measured them and they are 14".

The rotors in the lethal link are 13.5".

So what's the deal? What size are these rotors?
If they are 13" or 14" they are not the same as the the OP link, and that should therefor be removed.(edit feature)

If they truly are 14" that's great! Put that in your OP, but let's make sure.

jamescb77

Established Member
sorry everyone i have been gone on vacation. I will get everyone that requested pics sent over to them in the next day or so.

Jimmy,
These are a 14" rotor. I measured them with a normal tape measure across the largest diameter. If this isn't the proper way to measure a brake rotor please let me know and i will remeasure them. The pic in the original link is exactly what they look like but i guess not the proper description to these actual brakes. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

jamescb77

Established Member
I do believe i just sent pics to anyone who asked for them. If anyone else woudl liek them please let me know. Im tired of seeing these set around.

jamescb77

Established Member
I thought I had these sold but some things came up in the persons life and they had to pass on them. I am open to all reasonable offers and just want to see these go to someone who will put them to good use.

Users who are viewing this thread