Bear Grylls fired...

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I always liked Bear, you just had to look past all the TV-ness of his shows. Of course he isnt gonna be able to survive realistically, that wouldnt be exciting!

It sounds like discovery was trying to force him into some BS show that he didnt want to do.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like them all, but my favorite is duel survivor, does Les stroud have a show anymore? I feel like I haven't seen a new episode in years.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
memes-bear-grylls-knife.jpg

dooberGN

Established Member
Hate it when people compare Bear and Les. Two completely different shows, one is for entertainment with some survivor skills mixed in the other is purely survival.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Hate it when people compare Bear and Les. Two completely different shows, one is for entertainment with some survivor skills mixed in the other is purely survival.

This.

Both two totally different shows. Both guys have equal skillsets in survival but they are filmed differently due to format.

One is about being in a situation and trying to get out of it as quickly as possible. This means that in order to do so, Bear has to be filmed by others; he would totally mess up the pace of the show if he had to constantly move A and B camera to do stuff. Someone in that situation is not going to be moving slowly, so an outside crew must film Bear in much the same manner as any other guy trying to get out of BFE and back to civilization.

Les's show is more about surviving in a certain area for a long period of time, and using the land to sustain you for however long. He does not move very far from his initial area. Thus its slower paced, so he can film it on his own without it becoming an issue. Any set of cameramen would be useless and sitting around watching Les sit around 95% of the time.

They shouldve made a show called "Man vs Survivor" where they drop Les in the middle of BFE, and Bear has to find him within 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread