Beat a pullied cobra in my old junk...

machwon169

Established Member
So kinda a long story so I'll just get to the good stuff...
Theres this kid I know who has a 03 cobra that suppodsly rules the streets... It has long tubes and full exhaust... Running 14lbs...cold air etc...
Well I really don't get along with him... As I'm a "redneck mechanic" as he puts it...so I try setting up a race and he makes excuse after excuse... Turns out he was waiting for his dad to buy him drag radials and drag springs and some other bs... So he asks me what I'm racing him with... Cuz I daily drive a f150... I told him my 69 mustang and he laughed.... Told me no way That old thing stands a chance.... It's a turd etc etc... Well I built this car since I was 15... Its a 472" big block... That's over 7.3 litters if you go by that... Well we set up 5 races one night best of em...

1st race... I win by 2 cars.. He says he spun...
2nd race... I win by 1 car... Claims he had hard time hitting 3rd
3rd race... I let off let him win by a fender...
4th race... I destroy him by hitting my 150 shot...

All on video... Needless to say his friends were very said and me ad my friends went away laughing... So cobra owners be careful of old 60s muscle.. They go fast in a straight line lol

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
With a 472 it should have been a lot worse, even with you on motor. Good kill.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
With a 472 it should have been a lot worse, even with you on motor. Good kill.

depends whats dont to the 472... Ive seen 500CI motors not break out of the 13's

You should get that 472 in the 11's on motor, and 10's on spray...

good kill

Lets get some pics of the car...

machwon169

Established Member
Runs 11.30-11.40 on motor...

Never had a clean pass on spray yet... But coasted to a 10.89...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Nice job with the setup on run 3. Bait him in and stroke the ego just before you spray the house down. Love seeing jackasses put in their place regardless of what they drive.

Good kill OP.

Classic case of Terminator overconfidence. A lot of us tend to forget there are a lot of wild setups running on the streets. You just can't judge things by appearance.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kills! I love racing older muscle because usually they aren't overly fast, but every now and then you run into a nasty setup that leaves you seeing tail lights and loving it.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Ok no real Cobra owner would think he/she is going to kill a 68 Mustang 472 on spray...not with only a pulley swap, CAI and exhaust

The guy is way naive or a stupid kid...take your pick

Last edited:

machwon169

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'll post some pics up when I get home of my car...

Also the first 3 races were me on just motor...
Only the last race was on spray... Just to hurt his feelings...

O and since this.. He's been talking about getting a whipple... He's just so upset it's funny... Our mutual friend has the vids I'll see if we can get em posted...

O and my motor is stock heads hand ported by me.. He made me pop the hood and stuck a magnet to em cuz I told him there factory heads... Factory cobra jet heads that is lol..

Thanks for all the support.. Glad to see old muscle is still liked

Users who are viewing this thread