Beat another C7

MG0h3

Established Member
all while displaying my worst driving skills ever:( Uneventful run but been awhile

I spin in first at 1/3 throttle so that sucked. Tried to pedal and get some speed up and then somehow ground into second so bad I couldnt get it in so I totally let off. No idea how I did that. He put a car or so on me during that. Spun all the way through second but held him. Once I hit third I walked past him hard and let off.

This was a little better than the other C7 I ran plus I could hear his car over mine so hes modified it a little anyways.

I was really happy with these MT ETs at first but even with a bunch of tread left they dont hold the same as new.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Having no traction in 1st/2nd sucks when trying to race. It's one of the reasons I haven't made my car faster since I refuse to run drag radials.

katsimbris

Having no traction in 1st/2nd sucks when trying to race. It's one of the reasons I haven't made my car faster since I refuse to run drag radials.

Do you find that you get more activity that way? Not gonna lie, I see a car with drag radials, and I think to myself, "Yeah, no, I'm not racing against him."

Mike K

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I have something just as bad - a cage. Actually mine is just a 4pt, but most assume it's a 6pt cage and either way - you don't usually put a bar\cage in a stock car. I love to tell people my car is just a bolt on car - which is true, the Whipple does just bolt right on :D

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Do you find that you get more activity that way? Not gonna lie, I see a car with drag radials, and I think to myself, "Yeah, no, I'm not racing against him."

Mike K

I wonder if that's why no one tries to mess with me. With my last car I had people try me left and right, but now they're few and far between.

Mat5.0

Established Member
I ran into a 14 c7 the other day. He would never line up for a run but he definitely wanted to *try* to show that he was faster. We both gingerly took off at a stoplight and he gunned it, so I followed suit. Kept right on his ass until about 80 when I had to file in to avoid ramming into someone's bumper
Then from about 60 to, oh, don't want to say how fast (let's just say last 1/6th of speedo) he again punched it before I did, and I kept him at the same distance that we started at. Felt nice, but was disappointed that he didn't want to line up

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Very Cool!

There are things that give it away and you think...he has this or that...naaaa and keep riding.
Now, I've noticed that cars with zero power or rice rockets...it's like a light to a moth...they come running, revving and try to race you. I just ignore them. Especially when they floor it and after 5 seconds of flooring it (sounds like the motor will explode) they really didn't gain any ground or move out quick. That tells me how slow they are.

Mat5.0

Established Member
Very Cool!

There are things that give it away and you think...he has this or that...naaaa and keep riding.
Now, I've noticed that cars with zero power or rice rockets...it's like a light to a moth...they come running, revving and try to race you. I just ignore them. Especially when they floor it and after 5 seconds of flooring it (sounds like the motor will explode) they really didn't gain any ground or move out quick. That tells me how slow they are.

My greatest achievement is teaching my wife what cars actually have something under the hood and ones that put loud exhausts on to try to make it sound like they do. Your example is pretty much the basis for my teachings

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The only thing I refuse to ignore when they want to try me, and it happens all the time, is diesel trucks. I hate those bastards lol. Sometimes they will try to give me a "rollin coal" fly-by since I'm in a vert. I'm about 100-0 against them. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere that can take me from a roll, but haven't seen it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread