Beat on a 05 GT today

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Actually yesterday.

Ill lay it out.
More interior room everywhere,
As exspected a smoother ride, but way more body roll than the Snake. My 02 GT is lowerd, but from what I remember the 02 rolls no more if not less.

It does stick the corners better than the 02, no where near as much pushing. But again not as good as the Snake.

The Shaker system rocks.

I don't think the pre 04 Mustangs shifter is all that bad. But I have some long ass arms. But the 05 is really nice, wicked rubbery thoe.

Stock 235's look gay as hell, so do the stock 17's that come w/ it.

Seats are soft, but not enough lateral support.

It was impressive how the car pulled all the way to 6200 rpms. My 02 has all external bolt ons and 4.10's. This car would eat it up.

Sounds good at idol and small revs, but is week in the high R's.

Breaks feel equal to my 2002.

Speedo is hard to read in between the huge #'s.

All in all Ford did a good job I think. The Snake is better in all performance aspects. The 05 makes a good daily driver.

Ill quit but I have more.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
My first impression on the 05 was, nice overall car. But why the hell did the tires get smaller? There 235's on the new stangs... pervious stangs dating all the way back to 96 have had 245... why the hell go smaller? Also the side mirros look like they took them from a truck... The hood needs a scoop or cowl.... The interior is very nice... I think the car has great potential and I cant wait for the cobra!!

maddrabitt

Established Member
my friend just picked up a black one with silver stripes. mean looking car. like someone else mentioned, its nice for a day to day car (smooth ride, silky smooth (but mushy) shifting). rims/tires look gay, instrumentation is hard to read and the car looks like its got its butt in the air. probably look really wicked with some aftermarket gear though.

tfoster405

Established Member
One thing to note about the tires... they are 235-50 r 17 and the OD of the tire is much larger, 27.12" versus the tire OD on the GT, Cobra and Mach (25.5" OD) over the last few years. Even though Ford went to 3.55 gears, with the tire change it was really only going to a fictitious 3.32 gear versus the 3.27's in the 04/03 GT. Not much change at all. I think the realy reason for the bigger tires was to make it look the the Mustangs of the 60's.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
o3SnakeBite said:
My first impression on the 05 was, nice overall car. But why the hell did the tires get smaller? There 235's on the new stangs... pervious stangs dating all the way back to 96 have had 245... why the hell go smaller? Also the side mirros look like they took them from a truck... The hood needs a scoop or cowl.... The interior is very nice... I think the car has great potential and I cant wait for the cobra!!

I totally agree, the interior is very nice but the outside is a bit tame. All the concepts floating around really have me excited about the '07 Cobra as I'm sure a lot of other people as well.

Users who are viewing this thread