• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
American Muscle

Been a long time since anyone posted in here

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by PistolWhip, Feb 6, 2018.

1. PistolWhip

PistolWhip Resident Man Dime Established Member

I noticed that Americans muscle split it’s “truck department” off to another web site (right as I was about to place a pretty lrge order) and came right here to see if there was any information on this. Obviously it’s been a long time since anyone from AM has posted here so I figured I’d post up and see if anyone was still around from AM and could elaborate.

2. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

nobody from AM responds to anything on here anymore it appears

3. PistolWhip

PistolWhip Resident Man Dime Established Member

That sucks, it was great while it lasted I suppose.

4. GT500SDT

GT500SDT New Member

I tried to order Flowmaster Outlaw mufflers for my Shelby and they treated me like crap. So, I canceled my order and ordered them from Summit. I tried to use them but I learned my lesson!

5. 96snake1

96snake1 New Member Established Member

I ordered a shifter handle and some header gaskets a couple weeks ago. They lied to me on delivery time and I had my car in the shop on the day I was supposed to receive the parts. I had to order from Oreilly but they were good enough to pick up some Remflex gaskets for me. Gaskets didnt show up till 4 days after that. They still charged me for the return tags from UPS. Btw I received my shifter handle within 3 days, same order separate shipping from different warehouse and when I called about it they told me that both had shipped. When in fact the gaskets wouldnt ship for another day. They had already screwed me once when I received a damaged radiator and it took them 2 weeks just to send me another one. Just summit, jegs, and LMR from now on for me.

6. scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow Active Member Established Member

Even back when AM was "good" I saw signs of them having issues. Example, when they shipped me a damaged rim, they would not ship another one to me until they saw the return label in the system and then they wouldn't overnight it even though it was THEIR mistake. Took 4 business days for the new rim to show up after I got the old one back into the UPS system and I was only 1 state over in NJ from PA... I was mad as hell. This was in 2014 mind you. Its WAAYYY worse now. They got rid of all the Mustang enthusiast CSRs they had and hired randos for $12/hr who don't know a Mustang from their asshole. Not all of them but most. These are the same ppl who send out bama "tunes" so that explains a lot going on there although bama was never good. Ppl are who get their tunes just don't know any better or are so dedicated to not admitting a mistake that they will defend bama to the death.

Similar shipping issue happened at Summit to me as well and Summit not only shipped me out a new part immediately, it was on my door 10:30 the next morning Airborne Express because the error was on their end. Jegs has a similar policy and gives me 10% off military. I will always use Jegs and Summit first and then move to LMR/CJP. Hell, UPR gives me 10% off military and I've dealt with their CSRs a few times just asking about stuff they stock and they were super friendly and helpful. AM only if they are the only ones with the part OR only if their prices are substantially lower and even then I'll be prepared to deal with some sort of issue.

I actually used AM as an example of how to royally **** up in the business/leadership world for a case study at work lol. They still make money... but they were legit THE PLACE to go for Mustang stuff for 2 or 3 years and then they got greedy. LMR never did, neither did CJP. I've been shopping at LMR since the 5.0resto days in the early 2000s and CJP once they made their website actually navigable vs what it was. And always had a Jegs and Summit catalog in my dorm/apt/house during most of the 2000s.

#whatnottodo

bluedgemach likes this.
  7. bluedgemach

bluedgemach New Member

If this isn't the most accurate statement I've read on here yet

scottydsntknow and 98 Cobra Vert like this.
  8. bluedgemach

bluedgemach New Member

Wish me luck... I just had to purchase an 03-04 cobra driveshaft from AM because they have it in stock. The other places said 3-4 weeks because it's a special order.

9. scottydsntknow

scottydsntknow Active Member Established Member

You'll probably be fine. Its not an item that can really get "damaged" in the mail or something electronic that won't work.

bluedgemach likes this.
  10. Venom800tt

Venom800tt New Member Established Member

I bought full suspension with shelby razors from AM, kinda disappointed that I couldnt find any active rep to get a forum discount but everything arrived fast in great condition

bluedgemach likes this.
  11. bluedgemach

bluedgemach New Member

It came in and looked great just got the U-joint swapped out and hopefully it works good :)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app