Before and After P&P

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Joel's headswap is coming along nicely...here are some pics of the Port and Polish.

Stock Head
1.jpg

New SHM Head before P&P (with a light behind it)
4.jpg

AFTER!!!!
2.jpg

New (p&p) and STOCK...
3.jpg

All together...(left STOCK -- middle NEW P&P -- right NEW NO P&P)
5.jpg

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The guy doing it (owner of the shop) spent about 12 hours on one head!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Looks like they were machined down a little too? Ports look really slick. Did they do any radius work on the valves? Did they change the runner shape any? Take any material away or add any I mean? Looking good! Hope to see them in the car soon. :-D

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Looks like they were machined down a little too? Ports look really slick. Did they do any radius work on the valves? Did they change the runner shape any? Take any material away or add any I mean? Looking good! Hope to see them in the car soon. :-D

Yeah he took quite a bit out actually and really widened them. You can't believe how rough they were before the P&P, it was just like cement. Back when I was setting all this stuff up I debated whether I should even bother with the P&P but now after seeing the results I'm very happy about it. I don't think he messed with the valves though. I'm not totally sure though. There were a lot of rough edges where the runner makes the turn towards the block. All that was ground out and polished. It's just like ice now. He also did a complete port match to the stock headers and all other ports. He also took some material out of the lower intake and smoothed that out too. These heads are going to flow so good now I'm definitely going to need a chip for sure, and maybe larger injectors. I hope they can handle it for now. I hope I get it back tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread