Belt & pully layout

CPRsm

[ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2210]S/C belt routing - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

Needed it the other day. Easy for me to find. :coolman:

Seahorse

Established Member
5f7b5349.jpg

2011_Shelby500

Established Member

MJslasherADM1N

Established Member
Please
Sorry for responding to this old post. I need some help. My 2014 GT500 makes some rough noices on cold start, for 5 minutes its pretty loud. I think its coming from the TVS, but cant say for sure. Its been doing this for a long time. Right now I have teh belt off, looking at things. Please see the two blue pullies in the diagram. I am interested in the upper blue colored pulley. Its directly above the tensioner. WHat is it called? Is there a specific name for this pulley?

Should it be loose or have any play at all? I can grab it with my hand and move it back and forth. It wobbles like its loose.
I dont know the bolts torque specs, but I put my wrench on it and it seems pretty tight to me.

SHould it have play and be loose? I hear no bad noise when I spin it.. If I replace it can I get one at the local parts store? WHat are the torque specs?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Please
Sorry for responding to this old post. I need some help. My 2014 GT500 makes some rough noices on cold start, for 5 minutes its pretty loud. I think its coming from the TVS, but cant say for sure. Its been doing this for a long time. Right now I have teh belt off, looking at things. Please see the two blue pullies in the diagram. I am interested in the upper blue colored pulley. Its directly above the tensioner. WHat is it called? Is there a specific name for this pulley?

Should it be loose or have any play at all? I can grab it with my hand and move it back and forth. It wobbles like its loose.
I dont know the bolts torque specs, but I put my wrench on it and it seems pretty tight to me.

SHould it have play and be loose? I hear no bad noise when I spin it.. If I replace it can I get one at the local parts store? WHat are the torque specs?

Should not wobble. Probably the bearings are shot which is what is causing the noise.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Yeah that's shot. My VMP 90mm version of that pulley is doing the same thing. Need to call VMP, they offered to replace it. Get a new one from Ford, or if you are upping the boost, get a VMP one, etc...

MJslasherADM1N

Established Member
Yeah that's shot. My VMP 90mm version of that pulley is doing the same thing. Need to call VMP, they offered to replace it. Get a new one from Ford, or if you are upping the boost, get a VMP one, etc...

This isnt my idler pulley. I am running a VMP 90mm idler. This is the pulley to the left of the idler.
I have no idea what its called. Would love to know the name or part number and torque specs.

The GT500 service manual will list the part number. But that manual costs $170. Im going to purchase the manual if folks here dont know what its called. I also left a voicemail for Van. He probably will know the name of it.

If I knew the pulley name I would see if the local Napa carries it. I could install for testing. After 5 minutes of warming up the noise goes away by 90%.

MJslasherADM1N

Established Member
Listen to my car on Cold Start

Take a listen guys. Probably the TVS doing this. My car has been babied. It has higher miles than most, but never tracked, never at the strip, never revved to 7k. Its only been to 6k twice. Never white smoked the tires.

2014 GT500
19,000 easy miles
Looking for feedback
Noise goes away after 5 minutes, when up to temp
https://youtu.be/AXpMjhEaiWs

BTW, in the video Im not talking about the rough idle of the TVS. The sound like rocks in a can is normal for these GT500. Im talking about the other strange pitch noise.

Last edited:

MJslasherADM1N

Established Member
Take a listen guys. Probably the TVS doing this. My car has been babied. It has higher miles than most, but never tracked, never at the strip, never revved to 7k. Its only been to 6k twice. Never white smoked the tires.

2014 GT500
19,000 easy miles
Looking for feedback
Noise goes away after 5 minutes, when up to temp
https://youtu.be/AXpMjhEaiWs

BTW, in the video Im not talking about the rough idle of the TVS. The sound like rocks in a can is normal for these GT500. Im talking about the other strange pitch noise.

Anyone have a chance to take a listen to this video? Need some feedback so that I have an idea how to proceed.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I hear a dry roller skate wheel bearing sound, and the clicking of the injectors. Couldn't notice any other noise.

Users who are viewing this thread