belt size 2.93/4#/4pc idlers/3.5 alt pulley ?

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
what size belt do I need for this setup I did a search but no luck & cobrabobs website doesn't list one for that setup.
I know someone out there has to have the same setup
Thanx in advance :beer: ;
Larry V.
oh I'm running the Metco lower with the idler in the lower position

Last edited:

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
gatorback 4080810 (81") is what I have for the 2.93, 4lb, 3.5 alt and 4pc idlers......when I run the 6lb lower I have a 81.5 that's super tight....need an 82.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
just so you guys that are inquiring about belt size know, it is a very difficult question to answer. i have the same set-up waiting to go on my car, except my alt pulley is a 3.2. i ended up buying a 80.5, 81, 82 and an 83. i'm just going to return the others that don't fit.

Zman04

Established Member
I just installed Gates Green stripe part# k080790. My setup is 2.93ns Billetflow upper,new style snub idler, with bf 4 piece idlers, Metco 4lb lower with metco 3.2 alt pulley. I had to take the tensior of and grind of most of the stop, per Stegs instructions. But then it fit, it is tight but it has relaxed to within specs. I had bought a dayco poly cog 5080805 (Gates # k080806) and it went on way to easy, it was on the loose side on the factory tennisor. So I will keep it for an emergency spare! Oh yeah lower idler in the lower hole on the Metco bracket.

BLK04

Established Member
Well, I just finished this install today.

My setup: 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower (lower idler in the upper position), 3.5 alt pulley, Billetflow 3-100mm idler & 1 92mm idler w/ billetflow's new bracket and a Gates 81in belt, that barely went on. The tensioner hash mark is almost to the stop on the right.

I only fired the car up for a few minutes (it whistled like a pro-charger while it idled) I haven't really driven it around much but IMO this might be a little too tight.

I'm going to see how this belt does being this tight. If I see any abnormal ware I'm going to the next larger size.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
well, i'll be running this same set-up except i'll be runnig the 3.2 alt pulley, so maybe my 81 inch gatorback will be just right. we'll see soon enough, just waiting on my s/c from steg.

Users who are viewing this thread