Belt size for 2.76 and 4 idlers, two sources

finaliize

Established Member
I have a 4 piece set of BF idlers sitting in the garage awaiting my BF 2.76 upper pulley to come in the mail in a few weeks. Now I know reading the title you are immediately going to refer me to shangshiftergaskets.com which I did read, and the recommended belt size for a 2.76 with the 4 piece set is 74.5 or 75.

Now I was researching prices and went to the official billetflow website and they want

2.76..............75.1".................K080751...............4080750 (with 100mm Idler) (Stock Belt)

75.1.. stock belt?

I'm not sure on the stock belt size for the 03-04 Cobra's but i'm not very confident that i'd be able to use the stock belt after installing these 5 pullies.. am I wrong? Or is billetflow incorrect. I don't want to screw up the installation with the wrong parts. I had a 2V before this so this is all new to me.

finaliize

Established Member
Thats the site I used, but thank you for linking because I missed the initial paragraph up top when I was in a rush that specifically tells you the stock size is 75.1, so I won't be needing a new belt with the 4 piece idler set, great news. Thanks.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Did you buy the upper idler brand new from bf? The old mount design will lead to a different belt size, as long as the products are new you will be fine with the factory belt.

finaliize

Established Member
Did you buy the upper idler brand new from bf? The old mount design will lead to a different belt size, as long as the products are new you will be fine with the factory belt.

I'm not sure if it's the old mount or new mount, I bought the Cobra in July and the previous owner gave me the idlers and mount in a bag, they were never installed, but i'll check if there is any paperwork in the bag. They are the 3 100mm and 1 92 mm I believe.

matt87

Established Member
i have the same setup. i have a 2.76 bf upper and the 4 piece pulley setup. i had a gates 76" inch belt but it started chirping badly after a short while. i replaced it with a dayco gold 75" belt but it was so tight i had to remove the stop on the tensioner and change the 100mm aux idler to a 90mm. now its tight as hell and no slip.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I have a BF 2.76 & 100mm idler. The rest is stock. With a stock belt I was loosing 4lbs of boost at 6,000 RPMs. I took a chisel and snapped the little tab off of the tensionser that stopps you from pushing it so far. I was able to get a Gates 4080740HD on there. Now I only loose 2lbs of boost at 6,000 RPMs.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock belt will work. Or you can try a 74.5. I have a 2.8 pulley and I have a 74.5" gates belt.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I have a BF 2.76 & 100mm idler. The rest is stock. With a stock belt I was loosing 4lbs of boost at 6,000 RPMs. I took a chisel and snapped the little tab off of the tensionser that stopps you from pushing it so far. I was able to get a Gates 4080740HD on there. Now I only loose 2lbs of boost at 6,000 RPMs.

No shit, gonna have to check mine out. My setup is similar. Well almost I have 3 BF 92MM and 1 100MM BF. I'm using the stock belt as well.

Users who are viewing this thread