Beretta 1301

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Any you ****ers on here have one? I’m not huge on shotguns, have had an 870 for years. I almost pulled the trigger on an M1S90 and an M4 a couple times and just never bit the bullet as there was a rifle or handgun I always wanted more.

Anywho, found one local and the price is right. It’s a gen 2 with Aridus rail and Holosun RDS. Already has the Nordic follower and extension, also full Magpul stock/rail dress.

So how do they shoot, any complaints? Considering getting this and maybe starting up in 3-gun, plus it fills a need (that’s what the wife thinks anyhow) for the semi I’ve wanted for a while.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Its one bad mofo. Beretta makes Benelli and Stoeger. Ive never shot one, but know a couple guys who have them and love it.

Im holding out for a M4 myself

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Have no idea but I'd always love to find out. In terms of what you're comparing the 1301 to I owned a Police Magnum Remington 870 and now a Mossberg M590A1 and you couldn't pay me to go back to an 870. Absolutely hated the location of the safety and forearm release.
124113861_10158657617170928_5175227543436790885_n.jpg

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Following. I have had my eye on the FN SLP but have not gotten around to picking one up. Seems like a comp as well.

RES0574

Established Member
Any you ****ers on here have one? I’m not huge on shotguns, have had an 870 for years. I almost pulled the trigger on an M1S90 and an M4 a couple times and just never bit the bullet as there was a rifle or handgun I always wanted more.

Anywho, found one local and the price is right. It’s a gen 2 with Aridus rail and Holosun RDS. Already has the Nordic follower and extension, also full Magpul stock/rail dress.

So how do they shoot, any complaints? Considering getting this and maybe starting up in 3-gun, plus it fills a need (that’s what the wife thinks anyhow) for the semi I’ve wanted for a while.
Is the 1301 the Tactical model, or Comp? If Tactical, the barrel is 18-1/2". Most 3-gun comp shotguns are with a longer barrel, between 21-24 inches. Is the shotgun you are looking at new or previously owned? Curious if someone went through the process of adding the listed components, then realized that they were never going to get the shotgun where they wanted it for 3-gun. Prices are about the same for both models, so if 3-gun is your desired use, I would lean toward the Comp. The Comp Pro is fantastic. I have shot the Comp Pro performing mag dumps at +10 shells (with extension), and it ran very smooth. I think those run about $1500.00.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This would be a piss poor choice for three gun. I did a 3 gun comp with a mossberg blackwater and was not able to complete a single stage. I shit you not but I got beat by a dude using a pump turkey gun.

If you are looking for a three gun you want something with a long barrel that it is threaded and holds a ton of shells. So literally the opposite of this.

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the 1301 the Tactical model, or Comp? If Tactical, the barrel is 18-1/2". Most 3-gun comp shotguns are with a longer barrel, between 21-24 inches. Is the shotgun you are looking at new or previously owned? Curious if someone went through the process of adding the listed components, then realized that they were never going to get the shotgun where they wanted it for 3-gun. Prices are about the same for both models, so if 3-gun is your desired use, I would lean toward the Comp. The Comp Pro is fantastic. I have shot the Comp Pro performing mag dumps at +10 shells (with extension), and it ran very smooth. I think those run about $1500.00.

So this came about from a co-worker, but apparently the guy has both a Comp for sale and a Langdon tactical. The LT is the one that has the Holosun on it, the Comp from the way it was described has essentially the same setup minus the RDS.

The guy apparently went to the Pro. He wants 1k for the LT and 1100 for the Comp.

I would like both but not willing to spend that much. That’s said, that seems like a screaming deal on the LT and a good deal on the Comp.

Don’t they have a factory class I could run the LT in w/o the RDS. Guess I need to see what class rules are. I don’t know how active I would really be honestly and I would thing at that price I could resell and recoup all my money should I get heavily involved...or just buy the Pro:D

RES0574

Established Member
Full Disclosure: I have a firearms addiction. The question you presented is like asking a drug addict to choose between various drugs on a table in front of them, but only one. I know for a fact that if I had those two in front of me, I would lose control and buy both.

From a value standpoint, the LT 1301 asking price appears to be +30% off from retail, so I would buy that on principle alone.
The 1301 Comp is close to pre-bats&*t crazy retail pricing. I believe they were in the $1200 to $1300 range.

If you are serious about running 3-gun, go with the Comp. At the asking price, you could run that Comp for awhile, clean it up, and put it back on the market with maybe a $50-100 loss at most. Any accessories that you add, etc, could be removed, then transferred to a Comp Pro. Then you could move up to the Comp Pro for another $500-$600 after you sell the Comp. If you went with the LT 1301 for 3-gun, it is only giving you 7 rounds. You would see your competition using true Comp SG's, and smoking the course, then you would get pissed off. Also consider your shoulder and the stocks. That MagPul stock from the tactical is going to be painful running 200+ rounds.

Crazy idea but if you DID buy the two, just tell the wife Santa thought you were extra good this year. If she threatens you with divorce or cutting you off of the honeypot, post the loser of the Sophie's Choice on here FS. There is a crack addict in VA I know of that would buy either one of the two.......

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
Roger that, I’ll look at them tomorrow and figure it out. 3g is just a thought so more than likely I’ll buy the LT and go from there.

*Meant to ask, I though the Magpul SGA stock was pretty comfortable so what in your opinion do you not like about it?

RES0574

Established Member
The MagPul SGA stock just never felt "good" on my shoulder. I have shot an 870 with the MagPul furniture running through a couple of boxes, and it just did not seat well, made it uncomfortable. When running a Comp shotgun, it seated better against my shoulder, felt like more contact area, therefore better load distribution. My shoulders/clavicles took a beating in college, so the more area I can obtain, the less I suffer at the end of the day. Im 6'5", 285, and have broad shoulders so smaller profile stocks/butts for me are uncomfortable. I also have a Mossberg 930SPX that sometimes the stock feels like an axe blade when I run it through.
930SPX.jpg

The one analogy I used with my brother was diesel rating comparisons. Magpul SGA to me is like a C Rating (Maximum Continuous), and a Comp stock is like an A Rating (Unrestricted Continuous). I can run the Comp gun all day long, wishing it was belt fed.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Have no idea but I'd always love to find out. In terms of what you're comparing the 1301 to I owned a Police Magnum Remington 870 and now a Mossberg M590A1 and you couldn't pay me to go back to an 870. Absolutely hated the location of the safety and forearm release.
View attachment 1675740

I wanted that, but had to settle for a Mossberg 500 Persuader. Bought it right when shit hit the fan and its still sitting in the box Virgin as Mary

You will not be disappointed.
View attachment 1675745

I want me an AR-15 and then Im gonna jump on one of those

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I vote @Klaus goes out and buys one, then reports back on if we should follow suit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I wanted that, but had to settle for a Mossberg 500 Persuader. Bought it right when shit hit the fan and its still sitting in the box Virgin as Mary
I want me an AR-15 and then Im gonna jump on one of those

Don’t feel bad, I got this as a retirement gift from my Naval Command in 13 and still have not shot it. I really need to get away from work more.

jshen

Established Member
Panzer.jpg
I used to love Benelli but way to expensive. I carried a Mossburg 500 during police days and hated the damned recoil...Now I have this Panzer which is 28 inches long- 10 rd mag (not shown) that I can wield from my car. NO recoil issues!!!..I used #4 Remington mag 2&3/4 buck and it is my ..go to..Also have 24" Tavor .223 bullpup

Last edited:

Junior00

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I bought the Tacti-cool and I must say that action is smooth as butta and the trigger feels more akin to a quality single stage AR, nice break without over travel and good positive reset.

RES0574

Established Member
You practiced clearing the house with it already, havent you?
Rolling up your driveway like Officer Brian Taylor in End of Watch: "Push, push, push, push".

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Well, I bought the Tacti-cool and I must say that action is smooth as butta and the trigger feels more akin to a quality single stage AR, nice break without over travel and good positive reset.

Quit teasing and post pics

Users who are viewing this thread