Best 03-04 Mach 1 LT Headers

Best 03-04 Mach 1 LT Headers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I've already dropped the trans (TKO out, T45 in) with the Kooks securely in place, so it's definitely possible.

Nazman

Established Member
Ill have to go with SLPs.

Fitment, quality and power gains were superb!

I belive that thier combination of 1 3/4 primary and a 2 1/2 collector is the right balance.

The others run either 1 5/8 with a 3 inch collector or 1 5/8 and 3 inch and I think that the first one is too small and the second the collector is too large. Now if you are running lots of RPM, BB or Stroker or better yet a BB/STR then, the 3 inch will be better.

Yet again, my SLPs have supported HUGE NA numbers and back them up with MPH at the 1/4.

The down side of the SLPs is that you can not drop the tranny with them on. Which I have to agree....sucks. But if you can tolerate that...then its an excellent header.

Naz

69mach03

Established Member
Ill have to go with SLPs.

Fitment, quality and power gains were superb!

I belive that thier combination of 1 3/4 primary and a 2 1/2 collector is the right balance.

The others run either 1 5/8 with a 3 inch collector or 1 5/8 and 3 inch and I think that the first one is too small and the second the collector is too large. Now if you are running lots of RPM, BB or Stroker or better yet a BB/STR then, the 3 inch will be better.

Yet again, my SLPs have supported HUGE NA numbers and back them up with MPH at the 1/4.

The down side of the SLPs is that you can not drop the tranny with them on. Which I have to agree....sucks. But if you can tolerate that...then its an excellent header.

Naz

I've actually been leaning towards SLP because I was very impressed with the few LM catbacks I've installed. But this is an automatic car -- so I don't know if there would be a fitment issue?

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I have Hookers, but i wouldn't recommend them to anyone! The flanges were all warped, and had weld on them. I had to grind them flat with a hand file. Sucked ass, but after all the hard work. They fit well, and they do there job!

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
i voted kooks bercause they are top on that list, but i'd deff have to say mac lt's are the best!!

04torchred

Established Member
American Racing headers fit very good. I am running them in a 1-3/4 x 3 configuration and the ground clearance is sick, even with a full 3" x-pipe.

My brother has an 03 Mach 1 that will be getting the same setup as me 1-3/4 x 3 with a 3" x-pipe. He will be running a 322ci FRPP boss block with nitrous for now and eventually a F1A

You will like the ARH headers, very well made and a complete 1 piece design so they won't leak.

CPMGNT

Established Member
anyone with longtubes and cutouts agter the headers. or maybe sound clips of longtubes open headers. id like to do mac longtubes with cutouts.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
anyone with longtubes and cutouts agter the headers. or maybe sound clips of longtubes open headers. id like to do mac longtubes with cutouts.

I would strongly recommend MAC long tubes. There less expensive and they do sit a little bit higher up than other brands.

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
check sig. i like mine just fine and dandy. im pretty happy with em.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
i'm just wondering... does anybody run bassani midlengths?... i thought they had an excellent header.

i've got bassani, they're ok. had a little fitment issue with them but got it all done. i dont know how to compare them to anything cause i've never had headers before these but i like em, and i'd say its probably only like 5 hp off from other headers. i got them because i already had the mid pipe and it was the cheapest way to go for me

silver02stang

Just a GT
Established Member
i've got bassani, they're ok. had a little fitment issue with them but got it all done. i dont know how to compare them to anything cause i've never had headers before these but i like em, and i'd say its probably only like 5 hp off from other headers. i got them because i already had the mid pipe and it was the cheapest way to go for me

by "other headers" are you refering to long tubes or shorties? what kinda fitment issues did you run into?

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
I didnt vote cause I have MACs and love em. They fit great and I gained about 23hp and about 35lbs of tq to the wheels. Ground clearence is good and my car is lowered with H&R springs. Its up to you man. I dont know anything about the other ones.

jdizz87

Mach 1
Established Member
ima go with the mac longtubes. some ppl say it takes work to make them fit, but i think thats with all longtubes. my friend made good power off them on his cobra

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
:bowdown:American Racing Headers :rockon::rockon::rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I put Kooks, but I like the American Racing Headers more. Almost identical design with a welded collector versus non-welded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread