best bang for buck coil over setup

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Hey guys... going to do some coil overs in the boss this year... was wondering what the best bang for your buck setup is... i would ideally like something with adjustable compression and rebound... i got my car to sit perfectly with my wheel/tire setup that i have now... but i am going to soon get a 18" setup for road coursing and want to be able to set it up for that as well. I also want to be able to jack the car up a bit when i got to the drag strip so i can get a bit more weight transfer... any input? Ground control, Eibach, etc. Thanks guys.

This also means that my custom H&R supersports will be for sale.

Rob

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
If you're doing Coil Overs for the height adjustability and just like the thought of having coil-overs - go with the Ground Control or Eibachs.

If you're looking for road racing capabilities that a yellow koni and proper springs rates won't quite provide, your options are limited if you're looking to do it affordably (which makes sense, actually as quality dampers are never cheap).

I've been on the same pursuit as you to find a quality set that doesn't cost half way to a supercharger. ST XTA's as discussed in this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1065068-ST-Suspension-XTA-Coilovers

Seems to be the best option that I've found.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
the kit on lethal, right? $1400 or so?

I'd get them through my work since I work in the automotive field, so I'd get them for a little less but nothing crazy.

The price is easy enough to justify when I price it out and it's only $100 more or so than buying Koni Yellows, the springs I want and CC plates.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
I'd get them through my work since I work in the automotive field, so I'd get them for a little less but nothing crazy.

The price is easy enough to justify when I price it out and it's only $100 more or so than buying Koni Yellows, the springs I want and CC plates.

i work in automotive field as well... where are you purchasing from?

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
i work in automotive field as well... where are you purchasing from?

A warehouse that we sell to that also stocks ST/KW that I can likely get for cost. I can PM you later another route that may help.

Also, I called ST (which directs to KW, lol. ST's ship out of KW) and the front spring rates are 400lbs and the rears are unlisted/progressive.

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
If you're doing Coil Overs for the height adjustability and just like the thought of having coil-overs - go with the Ground Control or Eibachs.

If you're looking for road racing capabilities that a yellow koni and proper springs rates won't quite provide, your options are limited if you're looking to do it affordably (which makes sense, actually as quality dampers are never cheap).

I've been on the same pursuit as you to find a quality set that doesn't cost half way to a supercharger. ST XTA's as discussed in this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1065068-ST-Suspension-XTA-Coilovers

Seems to be the best option that I've found.

The only thing is the XTA from what I can find is a single adjustable setup and the OP is asking about double adjustable.

It really depends on your budget I guess. You may not be able to get into a double adjustable setup depending on how much you have to spend.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
yeah id like to get into double adjustable... simply because my factory boss shocks and struts are already single adjustable. id like it to be an upgrade all across the board.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Its hard to tell how much someone is willing to pay for something especially when asking about "best bang for the buck" as that could be seen as someone on a budget.

Have you looked at the KW v3?
Lol im not trying to spend more than like 2k maxxxx. I dont track the car alot... just want the best possible kit for the money.

evil281

Established Member
All the Double adjustable kits I could find are at least $2200 or more. That is usually without CC plates if you don't already have them.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
just want the best possible kit for the money.

What are you trying to address with the compression adjustability that your current set-up falling short of? Do you think you won't be competitive in a certain class or something?

Or are you just thinking race car = double adjustability and all the miata guys have 2x adjustability, so I need it?

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
All the Double adjustable kits I could find are at least $2200 or more. That is usually without CC plates if you don't already have them.
I appreciate the effort. And i have some really nice steeda mounts. 350 bucks lol.

evil281

Established Member
What are you trying to address with the compression adjustability that your current set-up falling short of? Do you think you won't be competitive in a certain class or something?

Or are you just thinking race car = double adjustability and all the miata guys have 2x adjustability, so I need it?

I LOL'd

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member

It is funny but also a real question. And I feel him there if so. A lot of my mustang road racing buddies live 2hrs from me now, and my main local track buddy is a Honda S2k guy. He has some $4k coil-overs and sees me looking at single adjustable coil-overs and is like wha? why?

What he doesn't get is he throws in coil-overs and a sway bar he's done. My suspension parts list is like 14 items long, haha. This is a mustang, its natural habitat is a smooth straight piece of prepped pavement.

Users who are viewing this thread