• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Best Black Friday deal on 4 Door "Family Hub" Samsung Fridge?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Nukem1040, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Nukem1040

Nukem1040 Well-Known Member Established Member

2. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

For 6 grand it better come with a glory hole and a self replacing keg of beer

3. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby FRULE10 Established Member

We were told not to buy Samsung by the store where we bought our fridge. Supposedly they have horrible quality control and just about every fridge ends up having one or more repairs within the first few months. We ended up going with a Whirlpool 3-door with the freezer on the bottom and like it a lot so far.

4. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

Not sure if things have changed, but our 7 year old Samsung has been almost maintenance free.

5. Cobra1997111

Cobra1997111 New Member Established Member

Samsung quality has gone to crap. We returned our fridge after a tech couldn’t fix the leak-4 attempts, this was a few years ago. We literally just had our 3 month old dryer rebuilt, 3 separate Geek squad appts to fix a rattle in the dryer. They even said stick with another brand, LG is it for now.

6. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

Sub Zero FTMFW.

DriftwoodSVT likes this.
  7. 98 svt

98 svt Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

I assume that store was not a dealer for Samsung? Sounds like they just wanted you to buy from them.

Stateguy likes this.
  8. Nukem1040

I appreciate all the feedback. We are LG people hands down and knowing all these Samsung fridge issues. I was hoping the Samsung problems had been getting resolved and better.
    LG or Samsung fridge would be a great add to the home with our lifestyle. I wish LG smart Fridge prices weren’t through the roof.

If anyone sees a price that beats $3,100 on Black Friday deals, I’m all ears. I’ll keep our old fridge as a back up if we have to return the new Samsung(if we get it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. PaxtonShelby

Yes they are a Samsung dealer. But they are ditching Samsung now because they get nothing but multiple service calls under warranty to fix them. They don’t like selling a brand that doesn’t give a shit about quality / reliability.

Fridges used to last 20 years. Now with all the fancy crap on them they break constantly. I do not need a fridge that sends me a photo of what is inside it. Just give me a basic fridge with an ice and water dispenser and I’m happy. The less fancy crap to break, the better IMO.

10. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Hmmm. We'll had two Samsung refrigerators in a row and they were/are both great. No issues. Our next fridge will be a Samsung as well.

No appliance is perfect. No brand is perfect. Boils mainly down to buying what appeals to you.

11. 98 svt

98 svt Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

But how long has Samsung been selling fridges in the U.S.? I didn't think it's been long enough to go through 2 fridges.
    Maybe I'm totally wrong though. I thought theirs came on the scene around 2010 or so.

12. PaxtonShelby

I hear you Bob. I would expect people to make decisions based on their experiences. You have had good luck with Samsung so understandably you choose to support that brand. I on the other hand have no experience with Samsung.

This store is the most respected appliance store in the area - not a big box store. Don’t get me started on the big box stores that all carry lower-grade offerings. Our store had nothing to gain by pushing us one way or the other. They had a lot of Samsung product on their showroom floor and yet the salesperson literally steered us away from them, as their store will not be carrying the brand going forward or providing warranty support on the Samsung line. I would have hated to find that out after making a purchase.

Nukem1040 and 98 svt like this.
  13. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

They’ve been selling fridges for a while. I had to search for the link, bit I remember their reputation in 2011 when we bought ours.

Sales of Samsung’s Side-by-Side Refrigerator Top 10 Million

98 svt likes this.
  14. Nukem1040

Great link. It's always nice to know how they're rating and sales are doing. I do worry about that freezer freezing up.

Back to original post, any hot leads on this smart fridge during black friday? I'm headed from CO to NE on thanksgiving so willing to pick up.

Thanks guys for all the feedback and opinions on this.

15. DriftwoodSVT

DriftwoodSVT Raptor club member Established Member

That's what we have. 48" wide, not the typical 36" fridge. Love it. But man it costed a TON.

Nukem1040 likes this.
  16. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

I just bought an LG fridge on Amazon. $6,000 for that fridge is insane. The reason I bring up Amazon is that they offer 5% cash back if you use their credit card.

Nukem1040 and Zemedici like this.
  17. Coiled03

Coiled03 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Sub Zero for the ballers.

For the rest of us plebes, Samsung is pretty good IMHO.

Nukem1040 likes this.
  18. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

I got my LG fridge on sale at Best Buy. First "nice" fridge and I love it. It's no baller $6K jobber though.

Nukem1040 likes this.
  19. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

I still can’t wrap my head around a $6,000 fridge. Jesus.

Nukem1040 likes this.
  20. VRYALT3R3D

VRYALT3R3D Well-Known Member Established Member

At that price you can buy a Milie Fridge that has superior quality and will last a lot longer. Also it is made in Germany.

Zemedici and PaxtonShelby like this.