Best blower

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I was wondering if you guys can tell me from experience what the best blower to use. I would like to make over 700 whp and try to get into low 10's.
Thanks

MD03SVT

Established Member
Can been done with a TVS @ 15.5 lbs of boost as I have done but probably easier with the 2.9.I have driven both but never raced with a 2.9 and the TVS is much my responsive in my opinion but since I have already gone 9.87 with a TVS I will probably go with the 2.9 on my 2010.

sfadchi

Established Member
Can been done with a TVS @ 15.5 lbs of boost as I have done but probably easier with the 2.9.I have driven both but never raced with a 2.9 and the TVS is much my responsive in my opinion but since I have already gone 9.87 with a TVS I will probably go with the 2.9 on my 2010.

You're a freak of nature driver, you don't count!

kent1

Established Member

What was your complete mods and hp and tq with 9.87 at the drag stripe. Your assistance is appreciated.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Hands down KB 2.8! :D

If you want a complete kit thats the way to go and you can not beat the sound of a kb, period!

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
What was your complete mods and hp and tq with 9.87 at the drag stripe. Your assistance is appreciated.

Please search my posts from last fall all the details are there.No HP/TQ numbers as it was never on a dyno but Jon + I figure +/- 660RWHP.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
haha, no way. I never add when it comes to car parts. Just add to the pile-o-parts :)

breoland

Established Member
From what i understand the kb makes some killer power with the 2.8.
the whipple 2.9 makes power but maybe not as much as the kb but the 2.9 whipple is a nice direct bolt in, no notching anything, no lowering the motor. and it works fine just with a cai and resonable boost.
ANything is going to make power it all depends on how much risk you are willing to take with your stock bottom end. anything is questionable at 20 psi...:)
Now the tvs is cheaper then the other 2, works with 80lb inj and makes great power at low end to about 5000 rpm where as the whipple 2.9 wakes up even more at that point and so on.
people say the tvs is a little bit more forgiving on everyday driving but it also has heatsoak where not so much as the whipple.
all three are great
its a matter of what you really want, how much you are willing to spend, are you going to use race gas and if you really dont care about your bottom end.

this is what i have others have told me. im in the same boat on which blower to buy. im leaning more twards the whipple 2.9. if I had said anything wrong with my post please correct me as I want to know as much as possible with the blowers

Users who are viewing this thread