Best color valve covers with a sonic blue terminator (considering Redfire)

JCDriller

Established Member
Dang guys, everything posted up looks good and I’d be happy with all of them. I’m still looking, trying to decide. I like the red and blue contrast, it draws your eyes in like a laser. Not sure if I should do a bright red or Redfire.

Luckily powder coating is relatively cheap and I can put them on my DSG vert if I really don’t like them. Redfire and gray will look good together.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Dang guys, everything posted up looks good and I’d be happy with all of them. I’m still looking, trying to decide. I like the red and blue contrast, it draws your eyes in like a laser. Not sure if I should do a bright red or Redfire.

Luckily powder coating is relatively cheap and I can put them on my DSG vert if I really don’t like them. Redfire and gray will look good together.

It will look good, just do your front calipers in the same color

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
red is not complimentary to blue. it'll look like garbage if you do that. my cobra is avalanche grey so I'm going with rosso corsa (ferrari race red) because I have a Teksid block and I think red will look dope in a light gray and black engine bay.

Finished33.jpg~original

irsbrakelines-jpg.1589969

JCDriller

Established Member
red is not complimentary to blue. it'll look like garbage if you do that. my cobra is avalanche grey so I'm going with rosso corsa (ferrari race red) because I have a Teksid block and I think red will look dope in a light gray and black engine bay.

Finished33.jpg~original

irsbrakelines-jpg.1589969

That will look nice. I realize that red and blue aren't complimentary. That's what I'm going for, I want the contrast.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
That will look nice. I realize that red and blue aren't complimentary. That's what I'm going for, I want the contrast.

i hear ya but contrast can be had with a better color. if you want something to pop maybe a barylium orange or since your color is fairly dark a light grey would look nice. you can't really go wrong with satin black, though.

JCDriller

Established Member
i hear ya but contrast can be had with a better color. if you want something to pop maybe a barylium orange or since your color is fairly dark a light grey would look nice. you can't really go wrong with satin black, though.

That barylium orange would look pretty cool too. That would be a nice one if done mat. I may be slowly changing my mind.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Crappy picture but you get the gist of it. Matches my RF cobra but I like blue and red together.

JCDriller

Established Member
What did you end up going with?

Nothing yet, my TVS cobra sits unchanged. I've been completely sidetracked by a few things.

ETA: Was it you that had the red whipple? I think anymore I'd go all black and let the red be the cherry on top.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I had black & grey (neutral) but if I still had it... hands down purple. Think that would have been dope.

Users who are viewing this thread