best differentail for road course?

cobra916

Established Member
looks like my ford racing diff is going out...after 3 events.. dont see how that is possible... what diff would you guys recommend? my car makes 360 std rwhp

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
looks like my ford racing diff is going out...after 3 events.. dont see how that is possible... what diff would you guys recommend? my car makes 360 std rwhp

If you do autox or if then track has some really tight slow speed turns it will wear out the ford clutch type dif's.

I have a torsen but if the track has really tight off camber turns ( 30mph)it will spin the inside tire. Also when i do drag race the car sometimes just one wheel spins in the water. If one side is unloaded than that wheel just spin.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Torsen T2-R best and most reliable and durable piece of equipment on my car, period. Never had an inside tire spin.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If you do autox or if then track has some really tight slow speed turns it will wear out the ford clutch type dif's.

I have a torsen but if the track has really tight off camber turns ( 30mph)it will spin the inside tire. Also when i do drag race the car sometimes just one wheel spins in the water. If one side is unloaded than that wheel just spin.

T2 or T2R?

Sirl

Established Member
Torsen T2-R best and most reliable and durable piece of equipment on my car, period. Never had an inside tire spin.

Exactly what I said!!!
My T2R came with my car, fortunately (PO was an autox'er)
6 years of tracking, never once had an issue, and never ever spin my inside tire.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Exactly what I said!!!
My T2R came with my car, fortunately (PO was an autox'er)
6 years of tracking, never once had an issue, and never ever spin my inside tire.

I wish my motors and transmissions :bash: were 1/4 as reliable as my Torsen T2-R. I swear that is the best piece of equipment on my car. Well...... next to my Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing kit!! :-D

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
Another Fan of the T2r here. Had them in a couple of my others. Waiting to put one in this car when I find an IRS to swap in. Then I can talk to Bruce about his Bushing Kit too. :thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have the tr2. There is only one track in which it happens. I have never seen any video's that show that slow of a turn and being off camber doesn't help. Look at the 53 second mark. The track is only one mile hence horse theif mile. 11-20-10 part 2 by diablito045 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Carlos:

Do you have a diff cooler on your car? I know that heat can absolutely kill a T2-R. A friend of mine burned his out before he installed a cooler.

cobra916

Established Member

racebronco2

Established Member
Carlos:

Do you have a diff cooler on your car? I know that heat can absolutely kill a T2-R. A friend of mine burned his out before he installed a cooler.

No i don't have a cooler. It works great every where else except at that track in that turn. There may be a few turns at other tracks that are under 40mph but they are not off camber so it was never an issue.

That is the tightest track in socal. I only go there once in a while. If anyone is driving from out of town a would suggest don't go to this track. You will have alot more fun going to the other 4 tracks in socal.

cobra916

Established Member
No i don't have a cooler. It works great every where else except at that track in that turn. There may be a few turns at other tracks that are under 40mph but they are not off camber so it was never an issue.

That is the tightest track in socal. I only go there once in a while. If anyone is driving from out of town a would suggest don't go to this track. You will have alot more fun going to the other 4 tracks in socal.

thanks for the info... the full track of button willow prolly would be fun? what other tracks do you have the most fun on?

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Formula D drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr uses the T2R in his drift demo cars and some of his comp cars, reason i know is because we've done work on those cars. That guy beats the shit outta them and they hold up well, cant get anymore heat than that. But i have heard about them not really being serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread