• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Best Email tunes

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by True Blue 02, Feb 11, 2012.

1. True Blue 02

True Blue 02 Member Established Member

I'm looking for a company that can tune my car through email tunes.. I plan on doing all bolt ons and heads and cams with nitrous around 125-150 shot max! I see Bama tunes won't tune for nitrous over 100 shot..?

2. True Blue 02

and It is a auto if that makes a difference

3. True Blue 02

SCT has a X3 and SF3 what's the difference between the two and is one better then the other??

4. Zacharyx

Zacharyx New Member Established Member

I prefer JMS for email tunes but you will get many answers. The X3 is meant for custom tunes and the SF3 only has cookie cutter stuff on it but can be reflashed with the X3 firmware, better to just get the X3 to begin with.

5. True Blue 02

I've heard alot of good things about JMS

6. True Blue 02

How much are JMS email tunes?

7. Zacharyx

site says $100

8. bleedout

bleedout New Member Established Member

I doubt if your doing heads, cams and nitrous that anyone will send you an email tune. You need to get your car dyno dude. Sounds like your putting up some cash to do these mods so why not do it right and the safe way by dyno tuning the car? From my experience with email tunes is they based on a car with average bolt ons then maybe added timing. Nothing more and if they say so i would be hesitant. If you want the most power and best driveability and a safe tune. Go to a good tuner.

9. Zacharyx

a competent Tuner can build you a start up file, from there you need to datalog normally start up and idle at first, and send the logs to the each time going farther into the throttle and closer to a finished product. It is time consuming a wideband is mandatory to get everything right so if you are impatient and can't keep your foot out of the car the a trip to the dyno is your best option.

My car has heads, cams, intake, stoked, TB, turbos 50 shot of nitrous and I ran on E85 for a while, Monty @ JMS did an incredible job and we are workng my higher boost setting once I finish the fuel system.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  10. spike_africa

spike_africa New Member Established Member

Justin at VMPtuning can help you get a base tune and then the tools you would need to get him the data to fine tune it.,

11. Chuckie B

Chuckie B Member Established Member

I would just get the car on the dyno...would be less time and hassle and then you would know exactly how your car was running..its all in the tune!